Looking for some advice

ian6354

Jun 27, 2019
North Yorkshire
I built my Spectral:ON last night and have a few questions as I’ve been away from mountain biking for a while and could do with some pointers on some basic settings.

Canyon have fitted the 8000 switch instead of the quoted 7000 which I need to query but my biggest issue is not being able to connect my phone (e-tube) to the bike. It says that the password (000000) does not match! Anyone had any experience of this?

What tyre pressures are people running ? I’m unsure how low you can run these considering the bike weight.

What position do to leave the fork and shock in?

Thanks in advance ??

eztiger

Apr 9, 2019
Guildford
I had the same issue with the switch, I spoke to Canyon via online chat and they agreed to pay for a new 7000 switch. So I bought one online and sent them the receipt, which they duly paid. If you do this get the 400mm cable, 300mm one is a little on the short side.
I didn't do this but you should also ask them to pay for a new seat-post remote as its also supposed to come with a thumb lever, not a button.

I had the same issue with the E-Tube but cant remember how I fixed it, I think I did a google search to figure it out.

Tyre pressure is a bit of a personal choice and dependent on whether your running tubes or not and of course the type and environment you ride in. As I ride tubeless in the Surrey Hills (not that rocky) I have it quite low Front 26 Back 27, I ride my analog bike at slightly lower pressure.

Hope that helps.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Make sure you connect to the bike via the app, not the bluetooth settings in your phone. Also the e8000 display is the top end one, so quite a good result if they have fitted that.

ian6354

Jun 27, 2019
North Yorkshire
I had the same issue with the switch, I spoke to Canyon via online chat and they agreed to pay for a new 7000 switch. So I bought one online and sent them the receipt, which they duly paid. If you do this get the 400mm cable, 300mm one is a little on the short side.
I didn't do this but you should also ask them to pay for a new seat-post remote as its also supposed to come with a thumb lever, not a button.

I had the same issue with the E-Tube but cant remember how I fixed it, I think I did a google search to figure it out.

Tyre pressure is a bit of a personal choice and dependent on whether your running tubes or not and of course the type and environment you ride in. As I ride tubeless in the Surrey Hills (not that rocky) I have it quite low Front 26 Back 27, I ride my analog bike at slightly lower pressure.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for that. I spoke to them via chat this morning (hard work!) and they told me a mechanic would phone me to go through my issues and order any parts that were required (still waiting!)

I'm getting there with pressures, I think I started off with them too high but have been reducing them gradually and it feels a lot better, just need a decent dpi to measure what's in them.

(y)

ian6354

Jun 27, 2019
North Yorkshire
For some reason (changed by builder?) some are 111111 and some 123456, so you could try those, otherwise you might need to get it reset.
Thanks for that, I've tried every some obvious passcodes that I could think of with no luck so far. Pity really it should come ready so you can connect and adjust / tune the settings to your liking.

ian6354

Jun 27, 2019
North Yorkshire
Make sure you connect to the bike via the app, not the bluetooth settings in your phone. Also the e8000 display is the top end one, so quite a good result if they have fitted that.
I'm trying to connect via the app, e-tube does recognise the e8000 system just won't accept the passcode.

It has the 8000 display but also the 8000 switch.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles