Long time rider

eboy

Apr 10, 2019
Syracuse
Just joined this cool forum. I've recently become interested in an electric bike and visited many forums. But this one and electric bike review seem to be the two I keep coming back to. I currently ride a late 90's Cannondale Super V 800 Raven so it's a carbon relic but still works fine. I'm looking to buy a used e-bike on eBay or craigslist or store because I feel the technology in the motor and battery will be changing rapidly and to spend big money on the latest thing doesn't seem logical (unless money is no object).

I've test ridden a '19 Trek Powerfly FS 7 and a '18 Haibike Allmtn 6.0 and an '18 Haibike fat fullsix 7.0. I like the PW-x motor on the AllMtn and the Trek was pretty slick but the feel of the fat bike was so plush... I think if I could just cut loose and buy something I saw it would be the Lamere UltraBeast with the 1000 watt Bafang motor and put huge tires on it and be done with it. So that's the story!

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Welcome! Have you taken a look at the 6Fattie Levo's? As the best selling ebike to date, there's probably quite a few more used ones to choose from. Might get along with plus size tires as a happy medium

Also - if you ride the LaMere Ultra Beast let use know what you think! That bike looks insane

Last edited:

eboy

Apr 10, 2019
Syracuse
Yeh I think I could have fun on anything but there is something badass about a fat bike. Plus I live on a lake that's frozen in winter and has snowmobile trails. That Lamere bike can take all kinds of wheels. When I rode the PWX Yamaha I felt more torque than the others and that's what interests me in the Bafang motor. i.e. get a bike that is the polar other end of the spectrum than my Cannondale.

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Yeh I think I could have fun on anything but there is something badass about a fat bike. Plus I live on a lake that's frozen in winter and has snowmobile trails. That Lamere bike can take all kinds of wheels. When I rode the PWX Yamaha I felt more torque than the others and that's what interests me in the Bafang motor. i.e. get a bike that is the polar other end of the spectrum than my Cannondale.

I have to admit, im thinking about buying a second eBike myself just for the winter and looking at a full suspension. Just thinking about all the adventurous bush-whacking and winter riding i could do... we get a few feet of snow here a year so it would be perrrrfect

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles