Long distance touring queries

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Planning a European tour which will need daily recharges ...cant take bike into hotel room to charge so will need to take an extension lead.(.and large gold quality lock) ..all my home ones are pretty chunky...Do any of you electric wizzos know the thinnest cable I can get away with .ti keep weight down....I know it all about distance etc... or do I just buy a new Focus with removable battery??

Reactions: MsO

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The charger hardly pulls any power so the smallest thinnest lightest weight cable you can find should do.

I'd be tempted to just get a whole new power cable and take that instead. The cable with the plug which goes to the transformer.

I think the Focus/Shimano internal chargers are a c7 type plug so you could search for a Long C7 power cable on e-bay or amazon. add "euro" in the search and you get a euro plug on the wall socket end so you don't need an adaptor, or search on ebay.de or ebay.fr or amazon.de or amazon.fr. Your uk account will work with the other sites.

Something like this (with a uk plug)

Long 10m 32+ft UK Mains to IEC Figure 8 C7 Power Cable Laptop PS4 XBOX Cord Lead | eBay

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
I travel a lot for work, with my bike on the back of the car. I stay in quite a few different hotels. I always take my bike into my hotel room to charge it up. I have never been questioned about this. Maybe us Kiwi's are just more easy going about this sort of stuff. ????

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I travel a lot for work, with my bike on the back of the car. I stay in quite a few different hotels. I always take my bike into my hotel room to charge it up. I have never been questioned about this. Maybe us Kiwi's are just more easy going about this sort of stuff. ????
Kiwi's are about he top most cool relaxed and still get on with it people on the planet from my experience. (there are lots of others before anyone says OY !) For the rest of the world, he can put it on a lead and pretend it's his dog maybe ? ;-) Offset weight of afghan hound costume for bike over ease of garage charging.

I suspect that part of the adventure will be finding charging and people understanding enough and open enough to understand what you're doing and willing to accept you. You're welcome to charge here :)

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia

Daughter lives in NZ so we spend most of uk winters there .....love your “Can Do” attitude . Shame you dont want older family members there otherwise would go like a shot.
Love riding your RedWoods at Rotorua.
Er hum wide bars, dirty tyres in hotel room .....they would go mad at you in UK!!
Have fun

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles