Lockdown Strava Club

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
nah, no idea how to do it
You just find the exact GPS co-ordinates for the start of the section where they were suspicious, convert that into binary and then enter it in the comments ..

Or .. Open the ride where something is incorrect, click the three dots on the left ... select Flag ride and say why.. It's anonymous so they won't come and eat you. As I say, I'm surprised it's not done it automatically.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's easy for the user to remover virtual rides; just make them private.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
You just find the exact GPS co-ordinates for the start of the section where they were suspicious, convert that into binary and then enter it in the comments ..

Or .. Open the ride where something is incorrect, click the three dots on the left ... select Flag ride and say why.. It's anonymous so they won't come and eat you. As I say, I'm surprised it's not done it automatically.
cool, done ! I checked his other rides while I was there, one had a top speed of 70mph :D I dont think he is on an ebike...

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
I'm amazed at just how many miles people are managing to rack up. I've been out on my bike as much as i can since it is new and have cleared the 100km but there's people who have done over 4x that amount :D I wish it wasn't dark after work.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Week 2's top 100 ...

Lockdown week 2.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
For clarity on dates - as the end date might also be questioned .... :

lockdown club banner.jpg

Also, to confirm for those that worry that their rides don't show in the "Club Leaderboard" :

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 09.48.54.png

The Strava leaderboards DO NOT update in real time. I can't remember exactly, but they re-calculate approximately every 6 hours - or when it feels like it and has some spare processor time....

If you're worried that you've been missed out .. click on the "Recent Activity" tab and you should see your ride in there - along with many other interesting rides .. don't be shy, give a Kudos to a stranger :)

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 09.51.07.png

There's also the "Posts" area, where you can ask questions, make comments, add some stunning picture or post advice on some useful Lockdown recipes, like @TheBikePilot's world famous hot Haribo gravy.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Whoop Whoop .. 20th .. I'm ahead of @simonk for the week - I'm taking that as a win. OK, I'll probably be 473rd by the end of the week .. but it's NOW that matters .. NOW ! o_O Only another 10,000 laps of the garden to go ... .

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 13.48.53.png

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've decided that if virtual rides count I'm going to start Strava-ing the drives to and from the trail centre and my commutes if the bike is still in the car...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Not stressing, just trying to figure it out!!!
Robs running it from the 5th until the 2nd.

However, Strava runs it's this week/last week club leaderboard totals from Sunday/Mondays, hence the week1 totals shown in Strava will also have included rides from before the 5th.

Therefore, as Rob said earlier, he'll have to work out the totals manually.

Hope that makes sense. ?

Remember, it's not a competition, it's an encouragement to go out and ride ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Don't forget to read the small print :

100km must be ridden each week.
1000m of climbing must be reached for the first fortnight and the second fortnight.
Only rides with photo's included will count towards the totals.
At least one ride must be completed in fancy dress.
At least one ride description must say something amusing - to be judged by @Gary
Summit members must complete at least 200km's a week as you're probably fitter than the rest of us.
Virtual rides will only be entered into the virtual prize draw (ok, not really, not everyone can actually get out and ride).
This is not a completion, but whomever comes last has to do @Doomanic's bike clothing washing for 12 months.
This is not a completion, but whomever comes 2nd to last has to pay for @Doomanic's bike repairs for 3 months.
Anyone living in Lytham-St-Annes (@Wheelie_King) will be allowed to use an altitude handicap scheme of 10m=1000m
@Dax will be allowed entry to the prize draw for completing 1km
Full face helmets and full body armour must be worn for virtual rides - photographic evidence must be provided.

Or, ignore all that and very simply get out on your bike and ride 100km between the 5th November and 2nd December.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Don't forget to read the small print :

100km must be ridden each week.
1000m of climbing must be reached for the first fortnight and the second fortnight.
Only rides with photo's included will count towards the totals.
At least one ride must be completed in fancy dress.
At least one ride description must say something amusing - to be judged by @Gary
Summit members must complete at least 200km's a week as you're probably fitter than the rest of us.
Virtual rides will only be entered into the virtual prize draw (ok, not really, not everyone can actually get out and ride).
This is not a completion, but whomever comes last has to do @Doomanic's bike clothing washing for 12 months.
This is not a completion, but whomever comes 2nd to last has to pay for @Doomanic's bike repairs for 3 months.
Anyone living in Lytham-St-Annes (@Wheelie_King) will be allowed to use an altitude handicap scheme of 10m=1000m
Full face helmets and full body armour must be worn for virtual rides - photographic evidence must be provided.

Or, ignore all that and very simply get out on your bike and ride 100km between the 5th November and 2nd December.
Phew, you had me going there! I really didn’t know how I was going to be able to afford Doomanics bike repairs.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
We do have mountains in St Annes @Zimmerframe, Strava says so it must be true:

Ironically, myself and a friend pushed his transit van over that hill 30 years ago when he ran out of fuel - he lived at the bottom in the sea direction. I will admit, it felt like a mountain at the time.

To this day I have no idea why he didn't just walk the few 100m home and bring some fuel back ...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That's more often than they currently get washed...
I wouldn't want to be that guy...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I think he should get an entry if he can remember what bike he (doesn't) ride...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So, with this weeks "Strava Sunday to Sunday or Monday to Monday or Sunday to Monday or however you look at it" getting closer to it's end ...

We notice that all but 1 in the top 15 are Strava Subscribers ! The only one who's not, was on a motorbike, so we won't include that for our analysis.

Statistically, it's that simple, Subscribing to Strava not only gives you access to leaderboards and some other bits and bobs - it makes you ride further and faster !

It seems we can buy speed, power, stamina and ability for our MTB's after all ! (y) o_O

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
How many of the top 15 did all their miles outside?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
How many of the top 15 did all their miles outside?
Outside ? No one rides outside anymore. Do you know how much e-bikes cost ? What kind of crazy person would take one outside ! Not to mention that it's cold, wet, too hot, inevitably takes you further away from the fridge, higher chance of falling off, lower chance of falling off and hitting a coffee table, banned anyway in some places, wears both tyres, wears your brakes, might ride past zombie covid super spreaders.

But, not sure, several are "request to follow" so they might just be watching TV drinking a beer letting their makita cordless drill do the miles for them. Which reminds me, I'd better charge my batteries, I need to get my ranking up on Zwinder - Virtual dating for cyclists.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Week 3's Top 100 .. (or week 2.5 depending how you look at it ..)

Up to a whopping 470 members.

LC week 3.png

Fortunately, due to getting lost in the garden twice yesterday .. I just scraped into the top 100 .. :ROFLMAO: But I've also made my 100k despite lockdown, so I can kickback and be lazy now.

The top 16 are all Strava Subscribers, continuing to prove that Subscribing to Strava makes you better - or lets you earn you free "Bike Miles" ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles