Lockdown Strava Club

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
probably someone that is using a trainer or cheating and register miles with a car.
I wouldn't discount them straight away. The guy in second last week :

Did a mix of virtual and real with some impressive real rides.

Like throwing in his 100k in one ride :

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I wouldn't discount them straight away. The guy in second last week :

Did a mix of virtual and real with some impressive real rides.

Like throwing in his 100k in one ride :

okay I might have drawn some hasty conclusions, but the number of miles he rides in 1 week is crazy

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
okay I might have drawn some hasty conclusions, but the number of miles he rides in 1 week is crazy
Indeed. And consistently too. Its not just a one off, he seems to be averaging over 450miles every week.

My backside wouldn't cope with that I don't think!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Week 4's top 100 .. (or week 3.5). Week 3.5 also celebrated crossing the 500 members mark !

week34.png

Only a couple of days to go peeps - get pedalling !

Would also like to say a huge thanks to @Rob Rides EMTB for setting this up. Personal circumstances have dictated that I've not been in the best place for the last few weeks and this has been the extra bit of motivation needed to get me out on the bike, which in turn has put me in a good place and given me the energy to push on with other things. Go ROB ! ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well .. here's week 5 or 4.5 due to day overlaps .. If you can't read these because they're too small you might have to right click and download them to zoom in if you can't zoom in on your screen for whatever reason.

This week also saw a leap to 597 members !

Unfortunately, Stava crops the Lockdown Club Splash screen, so you can't see the Start and End Dates ... :confused: (2nd December).

Maybe Lockdown club will be Continued .... ?! More Lockdown Club .. 1000k Lockdown Club ? 100k a month Lockdown Club. Just get out and ride some more Lockdown Club ? Lockdown Club Plus ? Lockdown Club Part Deux ? Lockdown Club - The Big Lockdown. I'm guessing @steve_sordy will have special dispensation for not riding as he's spent the last 8 weeks changing a tire and keeping Forum spirits high at the same time. Either that or he should win a roll of Rim Tape as a special Prize ? Or better still, a roll of Gorilla tape .. :ROFLMAO:

screenshot-www-strava-com-clubs-771771-leaderboard-1607328696337.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
One directional, extra sticky Gorilla tape would be better ?
Does any one sell Bike Gorilla tape or Rim tape specifically for the over 50's ? With fitting tips printed all over it.

"Have you put a valve in"
"Don't forget your sealant or tube"
"No, your keys aren't in here"
"If you can't read this, it's upside down"
"This way forward >>>> Check your tyre"
"Did you turn the hose pipe off yesterday ?"
"Write partners birth date here to remind you next time you change your tyre __/__/__"
"Ah, you again, you didn't check your Tyre direction did you?"

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
ydros_evets ?
One of my workmates was a genius at mangling names, an absolute genius. But the best he could come up with on mine was sodery vets.
He had most fun with foreign names. The Dutch name Fons Kasbergen became F.S. Bonker Snag. Like all things, when you take the mickey out of foreigners, it is best when they lack the grasp of the language to see the funny side.

But the funniest of all was on an English name - Mark Brown. He became Brown Mark! Oh how we laughed!! :ROFLMAO:

I'm laughing now and it happened about 20 years ago. :ROFLMAO:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Week 6 (or 5.5) depending on real world or strave weeks.

Some crazy numbers last week with Rainier Atilano from the Philippines racking up a crazy 946km's and Andy Kellner in Germany climbing a huge 12,174m in a week ....

Lockdown.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

The first run crashed out and the guys started a second one .. so a few of us die hards hung around in noddy land talking to ourselves for a while not realising :)

By the time I caught up, I didn't realise I wasn't watching live until I noticed the chat made no sense to what was going on ... :ROFLMAO:

The good news was that it's being extended, so you've still got chance to get in there with a virtual ride and this time you can pick absolutely anything you like as your virtual prize !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Congrats Zimm! :cool:
I know, can you believe it .. I saw zimmer comments and wondered what everyone was on about until I clicked "live" and then it made sense :ROFLMAO:

Don't think I've ever won anything before, what a top prize - something crash related which can even be used to safely carry your wine ! Will have to do a review once it's been thrown down a few trails. Go Rob for putting it all together and @TheBikePilot for all the helpful feedback on his microphone review channel which is filmed in parallel.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
What did you win, you spawny French twat?
I won an all expenses paid (by me) weekend in the French Alps (with me) - unfortunately due to lockdown conditions and ski lifts being closed, I will be demanding a full refund from myself and possibly compensation from myself.

OK ...there were two of these : "Camelbak Kudu protectors !" Simon Price from Crawley, England won one and some spawny French tw4t won the other !

From what I gather that's a Camelbak backpack, with a CE2 back protector built in pocketfor a 3l water/wine/other none fizzy alcoholic beverages or liquid refreshments - bladder and then storage space - which varies with what model it is .. Not sure if you can use Guinness from a widget can, that would theoretically already have primed it with nitrogen, so would it fizz up more if you shook it once it was in a bladder ? This seems like a valid experiment for Dr DOOManic !

It's actually pretty neat. The main backpack storage section separates from the rest, so you can run it as a back protector with basic tools on board. A helmet carry point (so for me, that means I can take a spare helmet for when I crash) .. in built rain cover and even has it's own bike tool roll to stuff your vitals in ! (like hobnobs). ... I got all that from the video - though it failed to mention hobnobs.

Next time there will be bigger prizes .. like you only have to spend an hour with Zimmer rather than a whole weekend and rumour of several half empty purple spray cans that might be up for grabs.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Just a quick note to say thanks for organising!

It was also fun to see what crazy distances people got in each week. Not sure I have the time to match it unfortunatley.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles