Lockdown Strava Club

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
lockdown club banner.jpg

Lockdown is crap, but its not so crap if you can get out and ride. Join the lockdown club, achieve over 100Km in the next 4 weeks riding and you have a chance to win prizes and stuff !! Would be great to hit 100 in the club.

Join us:
Join the Live Show on YouTube every Thursday, 8pm for Club and Prize updates!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Uhmmm .. better go and collect my bike at some point then.

Us Frenchies aren't allowed out on bikes during lockdown .. so if I hit 100km it will be 100km round the garden - sounds like a worthwhile challenge :cool:

Reactions: EME

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The strava leaderboards can sometimes be hours or days out of alignment from reality .. It'll probably catch up with your stats soon enough.

Not quite sure how it's going to work out the 100k over 4 weeks though as the leaderboard shows this weeks results and last weeks results .. and only the top 100 ... This is good though, maybe I can cheat and pretend ! :cool: I'm pretty sure I did almost 1000k round the garden last week.. with 100,000 meters of climbing.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Amazingly the lockdown club has more members than the emtbforums club :)

Some spectacular photo's from around the world on members rides.

Remember people, if you're riding an EMTB - set your strava to "E-Bike Ride", rather than "Ride" or you're unfairly stealing peoples hard earned KOM's ! You're also giving EMTBers a bad reputation.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Amazingly the lockdown club has more members than the emtbforums club :)

Some spectacular photo's from around the world on members rides.

Remember people, if you're riding an EMTB - set your strava to "E-Bike Ride", rather than "Ride" or you're unfairly stealing peoples hard earned KOM's ! You're also giving EMTBers a bad reputation.
meh, stop stressing about strava.. had an e-moto beat one of my KOM's the other day on a segment I created :D

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
what is with one of the top 10 riders, has only 1 ride this week, like 125 miles, took only 1 hour, average speed 106mph??????? Scout's Honor??? I call BS....................LOL.....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
what is with one of the top 10 riders, has only 1 ride this week, like 125 miles, took only 1 hour, average speed 106mph??????? Scout's Honor??? I call BS....................LOL.....
Excellent .. It's a "request to follow", so you can't see the ride .. but most likely a gargantuan GPS error .. !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
surely the majority of e-bike KOM's are going to be the same unless riding unrestricted?
I would imagine they would be pretty close even unrestricted. in my case the KOM i had was about 6mph average vs 33mph :D pretty obvious
Riding downhill, yes, the KOM's will be pretty similar. However on certain cross country routes and climbs, an e-bike in Turbo will be capable of a much faster rate than even the fittest human on an MTB. Yes, on the road, a road bike will generally hugely outperform a lardy restricted EMTB.

So whilst I'm sure most MTBers won't give a hoot and would even be congratulatory if you beat their DH time on an EMTB, many who've slogged their guts out on the climbs for those KOM's will be peed off that someone's motor beat them - hence why Strava has "e-bike" and "ride". If you just want to see how you perform compared to others, fine, leave it as "ride" - but set it to Private so it doesn't count against the leaderboards - it's cheating and worse - it's completely unfair.

@dobbyhasfriends I take it you "flagged" their ride ?? Strava's so busy these days it takes about 4 months to get a ride unflagged even for legitimate reasons. I'm surprised it's not auto-flagged his ride ? I had one auto-flagged (Strava does it automatically, less so on e-bike rides though) because it thought I rode a segment in a car. If anyone had done it in a car, they'd have deserved a KOM !

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Joined.

Amazed at the distances some people are covering, don't you feckers have jobs??? :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles