Lockdown Positive Diversions (C19)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Looks like we’re inside for a while. If you have a diversion that’s amusing you, preferably MTB related but not necessarily, then please share here.

One suggestion though, this isn’t about the virus or the politics, please use other threads for that (Covid 19 worries ! - EMTB Forums). I’ve created this thread to keep our spirits up and spread the positivity this online community has within it.

My post:

I’ve posted this before but love this trail whippet. Looking to the future, this is my aim when I come out of my own personal situation.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I love fast dawgs even more than I love fast bikes. Just saw the end & I cried for the second time today. Got delivery of a super fast lightweight electric m/c & I might get to ride it tomorrow before total lockdown. Super fast dawg for me too as soon as this is all over.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
We had a whippet/staffy cross who I wanted to train up as a trail dog. He was fast enough, and smart, but turned out to be so easily distracted I never bothered. Rehomed him to a farm because we couldn't be around for him enough during the day, loving it apparently.

Last edited:

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I love fast dawgs even more than I love fast bikes. Just saw the end & I cried for the second time today. Got delivery of a super fast lightweight electric m/c & I might get to ride it tomorrow before total lockdown. Super fast dawg for me too as soon as this is all over.

Had same effect on me. I find it uplifting though.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
We had a whippet/staffy cross who I wanted to train up as a trail dog. He was fast enough, and smart, but turned out to be so easily distracted I never bothered. Rehomed him to a farm because we couldn't be around for him enough during the day, loving it apparently.

My close friends have a whippet, Bob, who couldn’t do this either :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Mine's great if he's in "run mode" .. he'll fly past me just to show off and make me look like a fool and seems to take great pleasure in showing me my incompetence.

If he's in "smell mode" .. you're screwed and might as well walk ...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
gym2.jpg

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The latest Singletrack magazine is out today on PocketMags. The Singletrack people aren’t a big publisher setup and are just regular riders like us (I usually bump into them at the local bakery in Todmorden). During these difficult times if you can afford to support anything that is the grassroots of our sports/pastimes/arts I think it’s important that we do.

Otherwise we end up in a really bland homogenised corporate place run by people who have no connection to us. Some might think the content could do with being more technical etc but I like it for the general humour and lifestyle it encourages. Anyway, happy reading!

Singletrack Magazine

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
The latest Singletrack magazine is out today on PocketMags. The Singletrack people aren’t a big publisher setup and are just regular riders like us (I usually bump into them at the local bakery in Todmorden). During these difficult times if you can afford to support anything that is the grassroots of our sports/pastimes/arts I think it’s important that we do.

Otherwise we end up in a really bland homogenised corporate place run by people who have no connection to us. Some might think the content could do with being more technical etc but I like it for the general humour and lifestyle it encourages. Anyway, happy reading!

Singletrack Magazine
Will take a look cheers.
Based on their forum ive always assumed their mag would be all road bikes and leftwing politics.
Neither of which I'm interested in.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Looks like we’re inside for a while. If you have a diversion that’s amusing you, preferably MTB related but not necessarily, then please share here.

One suggestion though, this isn’t about the virus or the politics, please use other threads for that (Covid 19 worries ! - EMTB Forums). I’ve created this thread to keep our spirits up and spread the positivity this online community has within it.

My post:

I’ve posted this before but love this trail whippet. Looking to the future, this is my aim when I come out of my own personal situation.

At 3:10 I was expecting the whippet was gunna do a backflip ?

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I'm doing a bit of Zwift most mornings, it makes 30 minutes of trainer vaguely tolerable.

It even has an "MTB" course on it now.

I did ride (solo, from home) yesterday, first time out for a couple of weeks. I was cautious but still a bit conflicted. Moseyed about and found a new trail.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles