Loam Wolf 2019 EMTB Shoot out

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Interesting video. I think the result might reflect the environment that the reviews live in as if that same test was done in England then I don't think the norco would not of won the overall as it does not have a removable battery. So unless you have a heated garage or can take the bike in your house then this is a definite negative. Again it also means you cant carry a spare battery, or if on a trip, take the battery in your hotel room for charging.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I used to have a Norco Sight 1 (clockwork 26er) and had the most enormous fun with it for three years and I still hold it in high regard.

So, the Norco Sight VLT is the one I would have bought if I'd known about it before I bought the Focus Jam2. Huge sigh of relief (sort of) that I can't get one in the UK. Maybe in three years time! :)

Trail Doug

Nov 22, 2018
Wrexham
Had a quick look at them last month and like what I saw until I found out they were another manufacturer only going for 3 sizes with normal reach measurements. The Norco might be a great bike but if they don't make one in a size that fits then there's no point waiting for them to bring them in.

mzr7758

Feb 21, 2019
California
I'm eyeing the Commencal Meta Power 29 (Race or Essential Fox build) for a while. But this comment from the video really got me to rethink, it's hard to demo a Commencal unless going to their USA HQ in Colorado...

1550775379618.png

The Chimpion

Jan 18, 2019
San Antonio Texas
I have the 2019 Commencal Meta Power 29 with about 500 miles on it...it is an XL size I'm 6,3" and 215 lbs...the bike works great up and down hill. Buy an extra battery for those long days with a lot of climbing...for instance sessioning downhill runs. Play with the suspension settings to get it where you like it and this bike will keep up with just about anything. Longest trail ride was 47 miles with 4200 feet of elevation and rocky, used two batteries down to 1 bar on the first battery and down to 2 bars left on the 2nd battery using eco mode about 30%, trail mode about 60%, and boost mode 10%.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles