LMX64 - Enduro EMTB

hkj_se

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
This bike looks fantastic, so good that I had to order one.

If you haven't seen it before, there are some great videos on it on youtube as well.

LMX64 enduro EMTB
The creators are from a small french company called LMX who previously have experience in free ride electrical bikes (kinda similar to a 125cc dirt bike)

Cheers.

hkj_se

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
What motor is it? It seems different with the double chain setup.

It's nothing that's common on the big brands but it sure got some power.
  • 12 mosfet controller with high phase amps
  • designed for 2000W+ peak power
I think the motor peaks at 3kw at the max. Around 1500 to 2000 nominal. Of course, this level of power can be managed with pedal assist levels and throttle.

Check this out:

Last edited:

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
What motor is it? It seems different with the double chain setup.

Looks like the same type used with the Cyclone kits that however use a freewheeling crankset and feed into the drivetrain which as 1500-3000w can eat drives in a hurry.

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 6.02.37 PM.png

The above has a 6:1 reduction and is a brushless motor. It is interesting that this bike uses a separate chain line and that is actually a good way to contain the torque but you might not want to over oil the chain and have it spit on to your rear rotor.

When I first saw it I was suspicious of it actually having a PAS but obviously it does somehow which is a good thing. It does have a throttle also however and that is not a bad option either as long as it has a decent PAS which watching the video is seems to.

The red flag though is the size of the battery. It looks about on par with the 500wh ones or perhaps a bit larger and pulling that many watts with that much power the Amp demand will be significant so I wouldn't expect it to have much range? The battery is small enough to carry along another but still wouldn't expect a long day in the saddle to be possible. But it will be interesting to see how the OP's bike gets along.

hkj_se

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
Looks like the same type used with the Cyclone kits.. The red flag though is the size of the battery. It looks about on par with the 500wh ones..

Here's some detail for the motor and battery from the developers:

"The motor is with 0.35 Steel lamination, and reach 92% efficiency on our test bench.
Motor can take 4000w peak
Drivetrain has been tested for 2 years at 4000W on 35 LMX 81 bikes.
Controller is capable of 5000W continuous

Battery is limited to 60A peak from BMS, 40A continuous. So 3100W peak is realistic, but not very good for the battery if using 3500mah cells. It is no problem for 30Q style cells but then range would be lower. The controller is hidden under the motor. No cables or wiring outisde of the downtube! "

850WH 14S5P

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
This is outside the spec of a class one pedelec though right?

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Here's some detail for the motor and battery from the developers:

"The motor is with 0.35 Steel lamination, and reach 92% efficiency on our test bench.
Motor can take 4000w peak
Drivetrain has been tested for 2 years at 4000W on 35 LMX 81 bikes.
Controller is capable of 5000W continuous

Battery is limited to 60A peak from BMS, 40A continuous. So 3100W peak is realistic, but not very good for the battery if using 3500mah cells. It is no problem for 30Q style cells but then range would be lower. The controller is hidden under the motor. No cables or wiring outisde of the downtube! "

850WH 14S5P

That helps to clear that up. It would seem to benefit them to go with a 21700 cell battery @ 4900mah however? As far as range goes even 850wh at the potential 30wh/mi+ the bike will be zapping at 2000w +/- will be around 30 miles. I suppose enough for a good time and a spare battery can be kept at hand.

I also see how they achieved their PAS by using a Sempu BB torque sensing unit.

Unfortunately this bike does not fit into any legal slot on either continent as far as the current eBike regs go. Would be a fun ride in an open "off road only" scenario or put some slicks on it and go super motard style at the track.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles