Live from EuroBike 2018

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I’m there.

Anyone you want me to go see, any questions you want me to ask let me know. Suffice to say I’ll be filming it and my aim is to release a daily VLOG ?

eurobike.png

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Bosch. Ask them why a replacement battery is so bloody expensive.
Bosch. Ask them why a motor designed for mountainbiking can't handle mountainbiking unless it's drier than a witch's tit.
Bosch. Ask them why they are so far behind the curve when it comes to connectivity and tunability.
Schwalbe. Ask them why their sidewalls are so porous.
All tyre manufacturers. Ask they why they think charging more for a bike tyre than a premium car tyre is a good idea.

Actually, probably best to keep those sorts of questions to yourself unless you want to get turfed out. :ROFLMAO:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Bosch. Ask them why a motor designed for mountainbiking can't handle mountainbiking unless it's drier than a witch's tit.
Bosch. Ask them why they are so far behind the curve when it comes to connectivity and tunability.
All tyre manufacturers. Ask they why they think charging more for a bike tyre than a premium car tyre is a good idea.

Actually, probably best to keep those sorts of questions to yourself unless you want to get turfed out. :ROFLMAO:

Hey Doomanic, which Schwalbe tyres have you had issues with?
I have had challenges with Nobby Nics in the past but the ones I have used lately have been pretty damn good (y)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Nobby Nics. To be fair, it's likely to be my fault; while I was trying to find pressures that worked in unsuitable conditions I did run them as low as 9psi...

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton

Stop sitting on the fence mate ??

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
Interested if some of the latest Brose announcements could make their way to previous motors (software, displays,...).

Look for some fat tires (and bikes) and visit Maxx stand.

:)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I definitely think it would be really interesting to see what ebike specific aftermarket components are coming out, as I reckon that ebike specific parts are going to be big in 2019, e.g saddles, cranks, more chainring options etc

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
BMZ regarding their 21700 cells and when they'll have decent production. Then we can start talking about larger capacity batteries
These cells are not a revolution. We are talking of maybe 10%-15% increase for the same volume.

The BH Atom X which use them doesn't really present an advantage here.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I know this won’t be easy but you never know......
Please find an ebike specific chain that will last a lot longer than the current ones we have to use.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
The penny has just dropped regarding why we are getting all this new bike info at the moment.

The Media camp for Eurobike 2019 was on the 2nd to 4th of July.

@Rob Hancill this is what you may be able to get access to for next year?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The penny has just dropped regarding why we are getting all this new bike info at the moment.

The Media camp for Eurobike 2019 was on the 2nd to 4th of July.

@Rob Hancill this is what you may be able to get access to for next year?
I do actually have a press pass for this year, there were invites for some of the early stuff but I couldn't get there that early. Where did you see those dates mate?

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Ask BMZ and other ebike battery suppliers if they are looking at using LifePO4 batteries in the ebike environment or if it is just a non starter.

The big advantage with LifePO4 is you can get up to double the life cycle so around 1000 to 2000 Charge’s versus what we get now which I believe is around 600 to 800 mark

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
That's 2019 :), however there was a small event in Austria that they do as Media Days this year, had about 20 exhibitors. Think thats where the Brose and Shimano news landed.

Ahhh, sorry Rob, you are correct it is for 2019. My mistake ?

Its 2018 but they are releasing 2019 kit even though it’s still 2018 and then they releasing info about 2019 events....no wonder I am confused ?

Carlos Muralhas

Jun 15, 2018
Portugal
On a serious note, more info from Bosch on the Kiox controller/display would be good.

I can't understand Bosch and theyr displays... that's the second main reason why I would never go for a Bosch system for Mountain Biking enduro. Now that they changed the display they could not come with a way to keep the display protected in a crash??? They had to make it higher still in the cockpit? Are they thinking people don't crash on eBikes? Please!!!

P.S. The main reason for not choosing bosch is the tiny chainring. hate the looks of it, the disavantadges of it and it should had been changed allready to a normal size chainring like other systems use.

CrzyMD

Jun 30, 2018
Bakersfield, CA., USA
Ask Specialized what changes/colors will 2019 have. Will they put the new Brose mag motors in the new bikes. Will they put a higher capacity battery in the new bikes and can you retrofit them to new models. My questions are also specific for the US market.
Thanks!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Wassup everyone?

Live from EuroBike, lets see what this is all about!

I'll bring anything noteworthy here throught the 3 days. Already seen the Brose tent, hope to see the new motor in the flesh. Keep an eye on this thread for updates and let me know if theres anyone you want me to go see (y)

eurobike.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
This is the new motor from TQ. It has 120NM of torque (Brose has 90NM for comparison). It's a pretty heft unit though coming in at 3.8KG. TQ have a press conference this morning where they are announcing a major partnership with a bike brand to bring the motor into 2019 bikes.

tq1.jpg

tq2.jpg

tq3.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles