Little-known reason why Specialized is the only real choice for fitness tracking...

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
That sounds a well hard event.
Seems odd you wouldn't train on a roadbike (outdoors) though?

I trained only once for a mountain bike race; I did my heart-rate interval training on my road bike because of a nearby long hill with little side traffic so that I didn’t get any interruptions and could maintain a steady effort during each interval. I suppose my eBike with the motor off would have been even better because the slower speed would make the hill seem longer.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
About the whole cheating thing - my non Emtb is a full carbon Yeti, weights next to nothing, with 12 speed Eagle gears that will get you up any hill almost. Compared to most peoples MTB's it is very light and easy to ride with superb suspension making riding much easier than most mtb's so is that cheating too!
Perhaps we need F1 rules on what constitutes a non cheating MTB bike. Ride, enjoy and don't worry about those who like to complain because they are riding a different bike with different characteristics. In fact Fk em!

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I've lost 45 kg in 18 months, started on a Rockhopper, then a 17 ht, now a 19 fsr, who am I cheating? Im off the type 2 diabetes medication, I've added years to my life (my missus is spewing!) 2 of those months was on the he Rockhopper, so my 2 levos saved my life, I couldn't give 2 fucks what people think about my ebikes, I'm out there doing it, we aren't racing, so they can go fuck themselves.
Top man. I am type 2 and meds free as well. Well done mate.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
I am Type-1. I once ran out of insulin in my pump when I was waiting in the ER for an issue that turned out to be me needing my gall-bladder removed. I told them in the ER that I needed insulin of any kind right away or else I would go into DKA due my current insulin being ultra-rapid with no slow-acting.

They took TWO HOURS to get me insulin. Because I needed an MRI for my gall-bladder, I had to remove my Dexcom continuous sensor. Then they only tested my blood-glucose once every six hours. So, yeah, I went into DKA and had to spend two nights in the intensive-care unit at a cost of $13,000 USD because the said that was the only way they could test my blood levels more often than every six hours due to nursing rules. And this was at a top Boston hospital. The next morning I was back to normal and walked out of the MICU and bumped into my doctor in my street clothes. He was stunned to see me walking and said "Sorry, this is the first time I ever saw someone walk out of MICU without a wheel chair."

So if I am on a multi-hour ride and my pump malfunctions, I need to get home quickly and with minimum exertion. There is no way emergency personally can reach me on a trail if literally already being in the ER was not fast enough.

Kieronishere

Aug 13, 2019
Shrewsbury
I am Type-1. I once ran out of insulin in my pump when I was waiting in the ER for an issue that turned out to be me needing my gall-bladder removed. I told them in the ER that I needed insulin of any kind right away or else I would go into DKA due my current insulin being ultra-rapid with no slow-acting.

They took TWO HOURS to get me insulin. Because I needed an MRI for my gall-bladder, I had to remove my Dexcom continuous sensor. Then they only tested my blood-glucose once every six hours. So, yeah, I went into DKA and had to spend two nights in the intensive-care unit at a cost of $13,000 USD because the said that was the only way they could test my blood levels more often than every six hours due to nursing rules. And this was at a top Boston hospital. The next morning I was back to normal and walked out of the MICU and bumped into my doctor in my street clothes. He was stunned to see me walking and said "Sorry, this is the first time I ever saw someone walk out of MICU without a wheel chair."

So if I am on a multi-hour ride and my pump malfunctions, I need to get home quickly and with minimum exertion. There is no way emergency personally can reach me on a trail if literally already being in the ER was not fast enough.
Wow, intense story. I'm type 1, been on a pump for 8 years now and so far been lucky with avoiding DKA.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles