Lightest Bike

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Any idea how much your Raven weighs Ryder?

Never weighed it but I would guess 15-16kg based on the fact that the pro model is quoted at 14 something. Feels pretty much like a regular XC hardtail when riding...you don't notice it feeling heavy that's for sure.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Never weighed it but I would guess 15-16kg based on the fact that the pro model is quoted at 14 something. Feels pretty much like a regular XC hardtail when riding...you don't notice it feeling heavy that's for sure.

Thanks Ryder, will probably have a look at one when I collect my broken Jam2.

Peaky

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Are you thinking of getting a raven or more interested in the motor?
Are you thinking of getting a raven or more interested in the motor?

The Jam2 I bought six months ago is great fun but a bit overkill for the majority of my rides and a pain to drag over stiles, gates, walls and fallen trees.

I have ridden light hardtails for the last thirty years and they are perfect for the fast group of riders I ride with and the wooded single track and steep climbs which the majority of our rides consist of, so I am thinking a Raven or something very similar, might suit me in a couple of years time.

lamerecycles

Apr 10, 2019
Minneapolis
Ignoring the Lapierre Ezesty, which e-bike do you people think is the lightest?
Manufacturers seem to be shy of publishing weights.
I realise you'll say weight doesn't matter with e-bikes, but it does when you are lifting them in and out of an SUV or over gates and stiles, especially when you are of advancing years.

Pretty sure the lightest full suspension eMTB is the LaMere Cycles eVade coming in at 36lbs, and we can make it lighter! The eVade is a 3.5" travel XC bike, our Diode is our AllMtn version and we think the USA's lightest bike of that style at 41lbs. Both using the Shimano E8000 motor. The external batteries may not look as cool but so much easier to swap out, and way lighter.
IMG_0988.JPG

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Pretty sure the lightest full suspension eMTB is the LaMere Cycles eVade coming in at 36lbs, and we can make it lighter! The eVade is a 3.5" travel XC bike, our Diode is our AllMtn version and we think the USA's lightest bike of that style at 41lbs. Both using the Shimano E8000 motor. The external batteries may not look as cool but so much easier to swap out, and way lighter. View attachment 13006
I like the way your happy to swap out components & that you have a frame only option, but you might want to included a shock option or build kits including the motor etc. I also like the fact you don't assume everyone on an Emtb is an enduro God & you cater for us mere mortals that still do XC :ROFLMAO:, I would of preferred a 100mm bike to the 120 I ended up with as I just want a bit of comfort nowadays, anyway best of luck to you (y)

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
I was starting to think the Bulls Wild Flow EVO was vaporware for the USA, but I was at the Sea Otter classic last weekend and they had one there (no test rides though). The Bulls rep said it literally just came in 2 days before the Sea Otter Classic and hadn't even had time to weigh it. Looks like a nice bike, and the RS version of it is about 1.5 kg heavier than the SL version (15.9kg vs 17.5) in case you want to save a few grand.

Oh, I also talked with the reps at the Fazua booth and they told me Lapierre has no interest in entering the US market with the E-Zesty. Sad news. But some silver lining is they told me they are actively working with several other MTB companies that are bringing out full-suspension Fazua powered bikes within a year.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles