Lezyne Macrodrive 1000 : anyone hard-wired one to their Levo?

srileo

Apr 11, 2019
San Francisco, CA, USA
Hi all,
I have been interested in this Lezyne light to see if it can be hard-wired to the Brose battery. I have a 2019 Levo and am finding almost no information out there. At $80, this light is very affordable, but am not sure if it comes with Brose specific cabling.
A friend installed it on his Shimano motor and likes it a lot.
Link here

EBIKE MACRO DRIVE 1000

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Check this ppost/thread Lights for my Turbo Levo - Lupine SL Brose Installation - EMTB Forums

I have bought one of these for my Shimano bike. Can't wait to try it, i don't do night riding as such but i got caught out at sunset in an unfamiliar location the other day so i would like a light for reassurance.

No point having a light on your bike which isn't powered by the battery system! The Lezyne appealed to me as It's a lot cheaper than any other options currently available from Lupine or Supanova and the mounting system looks fantastic.

How does your friend find the lighting output?

srileo

Apr 11, 2019
San Francisco, CA, USA
Hi Dan63, yes i checked out that Lupine post and the Lupine setup seems similar, but they talk about different wiring and there seem to be some minor installation challenges.. I do not know if the Lezyne comes with everything needed for the install such as wiring etc. HAve you installed yours? My friend installed his Lyzene and loves it, but it is on a Shimano setup, so not sure how it woudl work in our situation .

For myself, i bought a helmet mounted light of 800lumen and thats actually almost sufficient, but i'd like it on the bike itself.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
I have fitted it and briefly tested it in the garage, haven't had a chance to ride with it yet as it's been bucketing down all weekend. It seems to be sufficiently bright and has a nice spread of light. Very compact and light weight, bracket is great.

As mentioned i'm on a Shimano so it wires straight into the terminals on the motor. I believe with the Brose you may need an adapter - search the forum keyword "macro" and i am sure i read something on here about it when i was trawling for feedback. The other issue is that it runs all the time on the Brose due to no light switching option on the bike and the light itself does not have an on/off button. It would be easy enough to add a small switch to the wiring and that is what i would do. I suggest to go for it - they're seriously cheap compared to the competition and the quality i can't fault at all.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles