Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL working fine w/Range extender but not with Main battery

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Wondering if anyone has seen this issue

Randomly today my SL powered off and every attempt to restart resulted in battery levels going up all the way and back down like normal but right after shuts down. Rode home power off, took off TCU to check for loose connections or moisture, nothing notable. Tried the range extender and it powers up normally, shows green and blue indicator lights which seems to indicate main battery is present...motor works normally. Without RE will not stay on, also main battery will not charge, TCU shows normal blinking levels but charger stays green instead of going red like normal.

I'm tempted to change the cr1620 back up battery, but since with extender works fine I kind of doubt will help. Wondering if perhaps main battery screw connector is loose or damp. Tempted to take to LBS for service but prefer to fix on my own before leaving it for several days.

Anyone have any experience on this?

TIA

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Yes, back when this happened the battery was replaced and also the tcu and main wiring harness. The dealer was very cryptic about the actual problem, i.e. they didn't really know what specifically failed so just started replacing each part one at a time. I think it was probably the tcu that failed because they replaced it last and didn't mention it was replaced, only the battery and harness. It was obviously new when I received the bike back after 5 weeks. The problem started after using a bike wash at a bike park and I think water got into the tcu, since then I always use electrical tape over the USB port door on tcu because it tends to pop loose on it's own.

alhughes

Apr 21, 2021
Wales
Thanks for the reply. Very interesting though, sounds like they were unsure then and kept going until it was fixed. Not something I want to try out of warranty, that’ll get costly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles