Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL wheels

Ricardo75

Sep 18, 2021
Woking
Are the al wheels on the comp carbon and expert carbon (not the previous model with carbon wheels) more or less the same in terms of spec and weight or are there any significant differences?

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Easy to check from Spesh web site Product Compare | Specialized.com

It's not 'that' easy :- ). Specialized doesn't describe the wheelset parts for Comp version of SL Levo. On the web, it's simply labeled as "Specialized", leading you to infer it's all their in-house, rather than mix of in-house and OEM re-labelled DT-Swiss like on Expert.

But having this wheelset physically, I can tell at least the rims are actually Roval Traverse 2Bliss Ready, so identical between Comp and Expert, but only labeled properly in Expert description.

Last edited:

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
It's not 'that' easy :- ). Specialized doesn't describe the wheelset parts for Comp version of SL Levo and SL Kenevo. On the web, it's simply labeled as "Specialized", leading you to infer it's all their in-house, rather than mix of in-house and OEM re-labelled DT-Swiss like on Expert.

But having this wheelset physically, I can tell at least the rims are actually Roval Traverse 2Bliss Ready, so identical between Comp and Expert, but only labeled properly in Expert description.
Ok, I thought they were different rims. Roval Traverse 29 Alloy or Specialized 29

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
They have the full "Roval Traverse 29" sticker on them, same shape as well, so I would I believe they (rims only) are the same. But it's hard to guess what the hubs are.

Last edited:

North Shore Taxi

Nov 3, 2021
Austria
Hey...
I am not sure if I understand your question right, but if you want to know if a oem Roval Traverse 29 wheelset Aluminium from levo sl comp carbon is the same as from a kenevo sl expert?
No its not, they are different (if this helps)

Levo SL comp carbon hub is a specialized branded formula hubset, cheap and heavy but good. Only oem available and over 2150g for the wheelset.

Kenevo SL Expert wheelset is the original Roval Traverse Aluminium aftermarket product, with light specialized hubs with Dt Swiss Internals.
Weight with 2bliss rimtape 1945g for the wheelset.

Cheers

Last edited:

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
OP is asking about Levo SL Comp Carbon and Levo SL Expert Carbon. I confused the thread perhaps by adding KSL Comp into mix ;- ) I will probably edit my post to not confuse the original message.

But you probably answered it correctly. Same Rims (Roval Traverse) but different hubs (OEM Formula for Comp, and OEM DtSwiss "350") making for 200 grams weight difference, but in hubs, so not terribly felt.

Last edited:

North Shore Taxi

Nov 3, 2021
Austria
Levo sl expert carbon 2021 has another version of the Aluminium rovals, a third one if you wanna call it like this.
It's also a oem wheelset with over 2050g or more.

Remember the biggest wheel fail from Spec. we're the original Levo SL Expert Carbon 2020 wheels with Roval Traverse Carbon Rims, Dt Swiss 370 rear hub and the cheap Spec. (Formula) front hub.
Weight 2050grams😂😂😂

Cheers

Last edited:

Ricardo75

Sep 18, 2021
Woking
Thanks for the replies. The last couple of posts are particularly useful as I am debating getting a 2021 carbon comp or 2020 expert and was wondering how much of a downgrade the comp wheels were compared to the carbon ones on the expert, or if they were actually the same or similar to those on the 2021 expert.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles