Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL range extender and shock compatibility thread

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Looking at shocks for the LEVO sl that fit with the RE. Its very difficult to search and see what fits. Hoping a specific thread would help new owners see what clears and help buying decisions.

Can you post a pick of your bike
List
Carbon or aluminum frame
Size of frame
And specific shock fitment and if you had to modify the cage placement to fit.

Currently wondering if a rockshox super deluxe ultimate air fits on a medium alum frame

Thanks

Last edited:

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Looking at shocks for the LEVO sl that fit with the RE. Its very difficult to search and see what fits. Hoping a specific thread would help new owners see what clears and help buying decisions.

Can you post a pick of your bike
List
Carbon or aluminum frame
Size of frame
And specific shock fitment and if you had to modify the cage placement to fit.

Currently wondering if a rockshox super deluxe ultimate air fits on a medium alum frame

Thanks
It definitely fits on my XL with a range extender.

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
SL XL ally with EXT Storia coil shock.

Range extender does not fit.

I bought a Wolf Tooth B-Rad water bottle shifter which moved the bottle cage to the right, and the range extender now fits.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Sl Carbon Large
Rockshox Vivid air
Fits with no cage mods just
96C932E8-E995-4A6D-9255-CE33267A12CE.png

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Medium alum frame
super deluxe ultimate air
Does NOT fit with RE in place.

I did not go through the entire install process of installing the hardware but positioned the shock in place and there was very visible interference.

Last edited:

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Medium alum frame
super deluxe ultimate air
Doe NOT fit with RE in place.

I did not go through the entire install process of installing the hardware but positioned the shock in place and there was very visible interference.

This might help…works great to fit my 2020 X2…don’t know if it will help with a Super Deluxe Ultimate air.

Problem Solvers Bow Tie Strap anchor kit (supports 3 lbs...Extender is 2 lb 6 oz with cable).

Problem Solvers Bow Tie Strap Anchors | Accessory Mounts | Problem Solvers
Carry up to 3 lb of gear with a pair of Problem Solvers Bow Tie Strap Anchors. Attach them to your bike frame and run straps through the loops to secure tent poles, sleeping pads, Nalgene bottles or barbeque sauce. A must-have for bikepacking and bicycle touring.
problemsolversbike.com

I found some 12 in Velcro straps (didn’t get the adhesive strips) that seem to hold the extender well (so far it has not slid down and touched the frame…I can always add some Velcro with adhesive on the extender).

2EF4ED90-BBFB-44D7-A1B9-5945996B90AF.jpeg

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Med aluminum frame
ohlins ttx coil
Fits

Due to the canister design it's obvious the ohlins ttx coil and air shock fit. One bit of info on the ttx22m coil, if you are looking for a progressive rate spring and don't want the white Cane Creek Valt. A DVO pro rate spring fits, but just barely. You need to slightly compress the spring in order to install the lower clip. And you need to leave to spring loose, with no preload during install as the coil can interfere with the frame in certain positions. Once installed there are no clearance issues

PXL_20210515_161822604.jpg

krazik

Jul 26, 2021
California
This might help…works great to fit my 2020 X2…don’t know if it will help with a Super Deluxe Ultimate air.

Problem Solvers Bow Tie Strap anchor kit (supports 3 lbs...Extender is 2 lb 6 oz with cable).

Problem Solvers Bow Tie Strap Anchors | Accessory Mounts | Problem Solvers
Carry up to 3 lb of gear with a pair of Problem Solvers Bow Tie Strap Anchors. Attach them to your bike frame and run straps through the loops to secure tent poles, sleeping pads, Nalgene bottles or barbeque sauce. A must-have for bikepacking and bicycle touring.
problemsolversbike.com

I found some 12 in Velcro straps (didn’t get the adhesive strips) that seem to hold the extender well (so far it has not slid down and touched the frame…I can always add some Velcro with adhesive on the extender).

View attachment 60861
i have the a 2020 expert sl w/ the 2020 float x2 shock, it doesn't interfere with the rx, but its really close. I've watched for any sign of contact over about 600 miles now and none.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles