Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Picked up mine (long term loaner) today in Comp Carbon spec.

Out of the crate weight, tubed, no pedals in size XL:

IMG_7931.jpg

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
Rob, how is the fit of the bike as it seems the XL is really not that big? I'm 6'2 with long legs and it's been nice to see bikes get bigger but this one seems to have shrunken compared to the Kenevo and Levo.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
No, just regular stock configuration.

NX drivetrain on this is probably a culprit to extra weight. Whats your frame size?

frame size is XL - have added renthal bars (few grams lighter) and an ergon seat otherwise its standard. so at least were comparing apples to apples..
genuinely interested in seeing the outcome..

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Interested to see if the "normal" models stack up as viable options over a conventional emtb, as it seems from just looking at the reviews/launch info that its really only the SWorks that comes in at a weight that would make a noticeable difference.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hey Rob, was the 16.9kg actually correct for the sworks in XL? I'm hearing different numbers everywhere.
Yes. But I think that might be large. Tubeless definitely.
They quoted weight is with tubes and legally they have to quote that due to it having tubes in the bike from factory.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
My SL turned up yesterday, went for ali version as I’ll be doing full custom spec on it and raw finishing the frame to match my Levo.
Might post up some progress pics this time??‍♂️
NICE! How easy it it to do the raw frame?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
My SL turned up yesterday, went for ali version as I’ll be doing full custom spec on it and raw finishing the frame to match my Levo.
Might post up some progress pics this time??‍♂️

Before you strip it, what was the weight of the bike with tubes? Is it a large?

73Steff

E*POWAH Master
Sep 11, 2018
Haslemere Surrey
Can’t bast it as that leaves a rough surface, fine for a key if you paint or powder afterward, but if you want smooth finish that you can then ‘brush’ , it needs to be smooth.
I chemically dip the frame to remove paint then hand finish.....only way to do it.

I’ll put some progress pics up but maybe in different thread to save bunging this one up for those not interested?

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
can you ride the SL without main battery, only with the charger? 15.5kg bike with charger, need only assist in the uphill ;-)

Mina08

Aug 21, 2018
Sweden
I got my 2018 comp carbon levo down to 20.7 kilos, i dont understand how they can ask the same money for a bike that has less battery, frame and motor weight, and really only saving +2kilos. Full fat levo all day :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles