Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Today was a good day of riding. Bike felt smooth, clock was on my side and what was best, is that even it rained, I managed to hit some good laps.
Now few day of resting, race weekend ahead.

IMG_20200722_204259_835.jpg

IMG_20200722_115923.jpg

IMG_20200722_100816.jpg

Last edited:

shakeystart

Jun 23, 2020
1617daY
Do any of you spin out with stock gearing? Especially in shuttling or trail to trail road riding, there just isn't enough left in high speed gearing. What have you done?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Do any of you spin out with stock gearing? Especially in shuttling or trail to trail road riding, there just isn't enough left in high speed gearing. What have you done?
I went with the e13 trs 9-46. It’s light -340grams and the 9 tooth is super nice. I find it shifts just as well as the stock NX cassette. Which was plenty fine for me

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Yes it will go trough warranty.
I am so glad the shock failure is being recognised. Cane creek really need to know this is happening. I am sure that Tftuned Will be Passing on their concerns.
I can understand why you have decided to continue using one. I have recently installed one and it is awesome. I took it for a proper shake down at bike park Wales and it was brilliant fun and flawless over jumps

Norcalsl

Jul 12, 2020
Northern California
My SL Carbon Comp is due next week. I've been riding a Stumpjumper S-Works for the last 7 years. It came with a dropper seatpost but I never used it so I replaced it with a "normal" seatpost. I know y'all think this is a crazy, but can I do the same thing with my SL?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
My SL Carbon Comp is due next week. I've been riding a Stumpjumper S-Works for the last 7 years. It came with a dropper seatpost but I never used it so I replaced it with a "normal" seatpost. I know y'all think this is a crazy, but can I do the same thing with my SL?
Of course

addxyz

Sep 21, 2018
USA
On the fence regarding a comp alu and a comp carbon. It seems there's still a wide opinion on if there's any ride difference or if the carbon is less durable?

Ricky1979

Feb 23, 2020
UK
On the fence regarding a comp alu and a comp carbon. It seems there's still a wide opinion on if there's any ride difference or if the carbon is less durable?
I went for aluminium and love the bike, if you’ve got the money for the carbon, I’d say spend that extra grand and up grade the brakes, mech and shifter as a minimum. that’s what I did, saint brakes, eagle xx1 mech and grip shift (I know not everyone’s cup of tea ?)

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I think that I am "done" with my build:
Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 10.06.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 10.06.09 AM.png

In stock guise, the SL is a killer bike, as we are all aware. My goal was something that was a bit more aggressive due to my trails and riding style. For reference, I am riding everything I had been on my 2019 Kenevo (which was also modded to be a bit more aggressive) and previous Evil Insurgent. Modifications in no particular order:

Fork - Manitou Mezzer at 170mm
Wheels - Mercury Enduro X1 (~1725grams, 30mm internal) carbon
Shock - EXT Storia V3 with Cascade Component progressive link
Tires - Vittoria Mezzer 2.4 (Front), and Agarro 2.35 (rear) w/Cushcore XC
Brakes - Magura MT7 with 203/180mm rotors
Bars - Nukeproof Carbon V2 - 800mm
Cassette - e13 TRS 11-46 (340grams)
Grips - Rev grips for now
Saddle - Ergon Enduro (let's me slide the saddle fairly far fwd for a better pedaling position).
Misc - Offset bushing to slack the bike out (currently not on ,but will be putting it back)

All said - I think that i am close to 40lbs with pedals on the XL. Weight wasn't a priority overall, but I did feel a big improvement when I swapped wheels and cassette. Huge drop in rotating/unsprung mass there!

On the rear shock - just got that on this week and still dialing, but it's very apparent that it can take a beating. It's not "magic carpet" plush (i.e. what my Ohlins 180mm kenevo felt) as of yet, but I have a stiff spring on there right now, and a tight eyelet bushing fit that i am going to fix. That being said, it can take any hits and not feel hung up or jarring. Really well balance with the fork which was a big improvement as well.

I have trip to some bigger mountains in about a week which will be fun to push this bike to the limits. I already feel much faster than I did on any of my previous bikes.

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
View attachment 36513
View attachment 36514

In stock guise, the SL is a killer bike, as we are all aware. My goal was something that was a bit more aggressive due to my trails and riding style. For reference, I am riding everything I had been on my 2019 Kenevo (which was also modded to be a bit more aggressive) and previous Evil Insurgent. Modifications in no particular order:

Saddle - Ergon Enduro (let's me slide the saddle fairly far fwd for a better pedaling position).
Misc - Offset bushing to slack the bike out (currently not on ,but will be putting it back)

All said - I think that i am close to 40lbs with pedals on the XL. Weight wasn't a priority overall, but I did feel a big improvement when I swapped wheels and cassette. Huge drop in rotating/unsprung mass there!

On the rear shock - just got that on this week and still dialing, but it's very apparent that it can take a beating. It's not "magic carpet" plush (i.e. what my Ohlins 180mm kenevo felt) as of yet, but I have a stiff spring on there right now, and a tight eyelet bushing fit that i am going to fix. That being said, it can take any hits and not feel hung up or jarring. Really well balance with the fork which was a big improvement as well.

I have trip to some bigger mountains in about a week which will be fun to push this bike to the limits. I already feel much faster than I did on any of my previous bikes.
sweet build! I'm building my comp alum to handle more aggressive dh terrain too. 170 lyrik, cascade link, x2 210x 55 shock.

I have a topaz air shock now while I wait for the x2 and recieved my cascade components link a few days ago. bike feels plusher with link but not really noticing any improved progression. bike still seems to blow thru travel even with shock packed out with air volume spacers. got it set for 15mm sag. hoping x2 with compression adjustments will fix it.

u noticing improved shock progression with your link?

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
View attachment 36513
View attachment 36514

Can you fit a water bottle with that shock?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
sweet build! I'm building my comp alum to handle more aggressive dh terrain too. 170 lyrik, cascade link, x2 210x 55 shock.

I have a topaz air shock now while I wait for the x2 and recieved my cascade components link a few days ago. bike feels plusher with link but not really noticing any improved progression. bike still seems to blow thru travel even with shock packed out with air volume spacers. got it set for 15mm sag. hoping x2 with compression adjustments will fix it.

u noticing improved shock progression with your link?

Did you run higher pressure than you did with the stock link? This link has a higher leverage rate overall with needs a greater spring rate (PSI for air shocks). I have only a quick ride on mine with the coil, but it definitely is not blowing through travel. Tough to judge though with this shock having an HBO.

When I ran the CC link with the stock air shock., I added about 10% PSI for roughly the same sag as the stock link. I found better small bump compliance and less harsh bottom outs

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
View attachment 36513
View attachment 36514

Nice build mate and great choice of suspension. I'm running the same on another bike and it's the best combo I've ever used. Same brakes too!
What spring rate are you using and what do you weigh?

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
Did you run higher pressure than you did with the stock link? This link has a higher leverage rate overall with needs a greater spring rate (PSI for air shocks). I have only a quick ride on mine with the coil, but it definitely is not blowing through travel. Tough to judge though with this shock having an HBO.

When I ran the CC link with the stock air shock., I added about 10% PSI for roughly the same sag as the stock link. I found better small bump compliance and less harsh bottom outs
I'll give more psi a try. thank you!

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Nice build mate and great choice of suspension. I'm running the same on another bike and it's the best combo I've ever used. Same brakes too!
What spring rate are you using and what do you weigh?

I am ~180lb -ish with gear. I am starting with the 600 lb/in coil, which feels a bit firm. Sag seems to be around 27% or so. On the one trail I have ridden it so far, it used maybe 2/3 travel, but I really only had one drop. I am riding a bike park tomorrow which should show me a bit more.

I have the 575lb to try as well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles