Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida
heres my new levo sl comp. wanted a carbon comp but they were all sold out and didnt want to spring for the expert since I just need the frame. been trading parts from other bikes I have. added a 160 lyric fork, 210x55 dvo topaz shock, one up 200mm dropper, light bike carbon wheels, xo1 52 tooth cassette. coming soon, saint brakes cascade components link, praxis carbon crank arms and a offset bushing. weight is a tad over 42lb far lighter than my other ebike, commencal meta sx

really liking this bike. for a trail bike it handles dh pretty dam good . really rides and feels like a regular bike. been chasing a creek somewhere near headset. think it might be internal cables because I've greased everthing!

View attachment 36328
Very similar to my carbon comp build, but why the offset bushing. I didn’t use one for my topaz t3. Just waiting for my light bicycle wheels to install my fox 36 and Shimano xt 12 speed and brakes.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
do u 5think it broke from a hard bottom out? I know legos have a very linear suspension curve and dont pair well with coils. I'm getting 5he cascade components link that's supposed to rectify that issue.

As you can see from the video posted here earlier, it broke down when launching the jump.
Did a little inspection and it seems that there have been some little crack on the shaft earlier and now it crushed.

Tested today deluxe air shock. Total bullshit vs coil.

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
As you can see from the video posted here earlier, it broke down when launching the jump.
Did a little inspection and it seems that there have been some little crack on the shaft earlier and now it crushed.

I agree, it should be able to handle hard riding without catastrophic failure. I was drawn to getting one because of its light weight. u know what weight difference there is between rs coil vs cane creek with spring?

I do mostly dh trails so im trying to walk thre line of the bike being capable but still somewhat light.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
I agree, it should be able to handle hard riding without catastrophic failure. I was drawn to getting one because of its light weight. u know what weight difference there is between rs coil vs cane creek with spring?

I do mostly dh trails so im trying to walk thre line of the bike being capable but still somewhat light.

Rs coil is elephant vs cc coil il.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
offset bushing added to slacken ha more
I am running one. Just in the top mount as the rear mount is already “offset” with the flip chip. Just watch out if you are running longer shock stroke than stock. the shock yoke may touch the seat stays at full compression

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
I am running one. Just in the top mount as the rear mount is already “offset” with the flip chip. Just watch out if you are running longer shock stroke than stock. the shock yoke may touch the seat stays at full compression
thanks for the heads up. I'm running 210x55 so I will certainly check. seems like I still have a lot of room back there, even with long shock

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida

Try the DVO

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Spoked today with several dealers.
All told the same:
Levos rear frame flexes quite alot and that causes lot of stress to pivots and shocks. Levos leverage is good what comes to usage of coil shocks.

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida
Are you running in low or high position

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
Spoked today with several dealers.
All told the same:
Levos rear frame flexes quite alot and that causes lot of stress to pivots and shocks. Levos leverage is good what comes to usage of coil shocks.
man, the rear feels pretty solid to me and I've been hucking it! looking forward to getting the stock Roval wheel off in 3exchange for a carbon

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
man, the rear feels pretty solid to me and I've been hucking it! looking forward to getting the stock Roval wheel off in 3exchange for a carbon

It might feel but when smashing to the max there are lot of forces that causes stress.
I believe dealers.

Great Cornholio

Jun 27, 2020
telford
165mm crank arms??

Has any one tried them / are they alaivable?

I'm getting a lot of peddle strikes and am on the smaller side for the frame size so don't want to use the flip chip if possible.

shakeystart

Jun 23, 2020
1617daY
hey guys, I’m about to purchase a Levo SL. I’m a former competitive mountain biker from 20+ years ago and coming back to enjoy the sport In a more leisurely fashion.
so much has changed in those years it would be great to get a little advice before I part with so much hard earned cash.
My LBS has a red SL Comp in large I test rode a couple of days ago, I really liked the ride and they offered a bit of discount and a few extras thrown in like pedals and a new helmet.

what I’d like to know is do you think it’s really worth the extra £1000 to buy the SL Comp Carbon, from what I can tell the components seem to be more or less the same so am I correct in thinking it would effectively be just a slightly lighter frame?

Also I’m 5’10”, long legs slim build would it be worth me test riding a medium SL? I liked the large but got impression the shop assistant was pushing the sale of the large red SL.

5'10" also, 32" inseam...Large fits quite well, imho.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
still running low. Going to high would effectively cancel out the offset bushing effect. I.e it hi plus offset equals stock low

Madog

May 29, 2020
Kentucky
can someone please provide the headset size for the sl? it's not listed in 5he spec bike stats

According to the user manual: The headset uses a 1 1/8" (41.8 x 30.5 x 8mm, 45 x45 degree) Campagnolo Standard compatible upper bearing and a 1.5" (52mm x 40 x 7mm, 45x45 degree) lower bearing. No tools are needed for installation or removal of both bearings. Grease bearing surfaces before installation.

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
According to the user manual: The headset uses a 1 1/8" (41.8 x 30.5 x 8mm, 45 x45 degree) Campagnolo Standard compatible upper bearing and a 1.5" (52mm x 40 x 7mm, 45x45 degree) lower bearing. No tools are needed for installation or removal of both bearings. Grease bearing surfaces before installation.
thank u very much!

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Its a known issue with the Levo/SL/Stumpjumper rear end putting lots of side loads on the shock and there have many failures of these Cane Creek IL coils. Shame they haven't got it sorted because it's good to have an option of a coil without the piggyback reservoir.

Great Cornholio

Jun 27, 2020
telford
Praxis now has the carbon M30's in stock. I have them on mine. Still get some pedal strikes but not bad.
Thanks for the heads up but at 280 plus shipping and tax in the UK, I'll leave it for now and just add a few more PSI in the shock!

I wonder if an alloy version is due as the price is crazy for a pair of crank arms.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Thanks for the heads up but at 280 plus shipping and tax in the UK, I'll leave it for now and just add a few more PSI in the shock!

I wonder if an alloy version is due as the price is crazy for a pair of crank arms.

I was speaking to Praxis yesterday - and they’re not going to be available in the UK until September.
Tempted to have one of my USA pals send me a set over!

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Air shock works ok.

Screenshot_20200722_155959.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles