Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Tested today the SL comp.
Rode less than 30km with 1160ft ascent. used mostly eco 30/100. 30% remaining battery after ride. Expecting to get max 40km ride with that setup on my trails.
I will ride tomorrow and test something like 20/50 assist on eco.

After all:
Bike is light and you can feel it for sure.
Front feels somehow too light and tried to wheelie on climbs even the fork is stock 150mm(on my levo fork is 160 and no problems).
Range would be a problem for me because i use water bottle for hydration so range entender is no go for me. I have ridden full power levo two years now so have get used of range and power.

I mostly ride trails and enduro segments so in my use on my trails, the full power levo is my weapon of choice.

If I have been riding normal bike before SL, SL would have definetly feel like a rocket ship!
Really liked the feel how motor worked!

81BE89DD-45B6-4050-A35D-DC9D97C5D9AC.jpeg

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
Rode solo again today. Ride time is about 6.5 hours; about 53 miles and 7,300 ft of elevation. All eco until the last 3 miles where I used trail. I used 2 extenders. The first extender lasted for about 10.72 miles and 2,600 ft of elevation. After this ride, I have 23% left. For comparison purposes, I did the same ride with my pivot shuttle using 2 batteries but only managed 45 miles and 6,600 ft of elevation. The SL is very efficient and the weight really is noticeable when climbing steeps.

View attachment 28769

View attachment 28770

View attachment 28771

View attachment 28772

View attachment 28773

View attachment 28774

View attachment 28775

View attachment 28776
hi surely if ur riding it in eco for so long you'd be better off on a normal bike ? i haven't ridden a sl yet but if its got less power then a levo and then ur only using a third of that then ur not getting much assistance ? i not slanging it but just trying to understand !

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
hi surely if ur riding it in eco for so long you'd be better off on a normal bike ? i haven't ridden a sl yet but if its got less power then a levo and then ur only using a third of that then ur not getting much assistance ? i not slanging it but just trying to understand !
I ride mine in eco set at 30% power and support at 45. this feels like your riding with a strong tail wind on a really light cross country bike, hardly break a sweat on a 6 mile old railway line that’s rising gently all the way. When I get to the end of that track the hills get much steeper. Trail set at 60/60 will get you up with some effort and turbo will do it with out getting out of breath.
I easily get 30 plus miles.

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
I ride mine in eco set at 30% power and support at 45. this feels like your riding with a strong tail wind on a really light cross country bike, hardly break a sweat on a 6 mile old railway line that’s rising gently all the way. When I get to the end of that track the hills get much steeper. Trail set at 60/60 will get you up with some effort and turbo will do it with out getting out of breath.
I easily get 30 plus miles.
cool i like the idea but can't demo ride one here at moment so trying to build a pic in my head of sl vs levo power

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

Depends on what you want to achieve...
Up until January, I rode a Stumpjumper every weekend. There were some climbs that I struggled with, and wanted a bit of a boost.
I bought a Trek Rail, and found the eMTB mode was way too much for me. Eco wasn’t enough - and there was no real customisation.

I swapped it for a Levo SL, and ride it at 35/50. It gives me that little bit of help I’m looking for on the technical climbs, yet still feels much like a normal bike handling wise.
Exactly what I’m looking for.
I don’t want a full power Levo or Trek Rail that are giving me 300%+ of what I’m putting in. 35% is enough to still give me a good workout, and help me conquer the climbs that I’m just not fit enough for!

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Depends on what you want to achieve...
Up until January, I rode a Stumpjumper every weekend. There were some climbs that I struggled with, and wanted a bit of a boost.
I bought a Trek Rail, and found the eMTB mode was way too much for me. Eco wasn’t enough - and there was no real customisation.

I swapped it for a Levo SL, and ride it at 35/50. It gives me that little bit of help I’m looking for on the technical climbs, yet still feels much like a normal bike handling wise.
Exactly what I’m looking for.
I don’t want a full power Levo or Trek Rail that are giving me 300%+ of what I’m putting in. 35% is enough to still give me a good workout, and help me conquer the climbs that I’m just not fit enough for!
Perfect explanation!!!

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Rode solo again today. Ride time is about 6.5 hours; about 53 miles and 7,300 ft of elevation. All eco until the last 3 miles where I used trail. I used 2 extenders. The first extender lasted for about 10.72 miles and 2,600 ft of elevation. After this ride, I have 23% left. For comparison purposes, I did the same ride with my pivot shuttle using 2 batteries but only managed 45 miles and 6,600 ft of elevation. The SL is very efficient and the weight really is noticeable when climbing steeps.

View attachment 28769

View attachment 28770

View attachment 28771

View attachment 28772

View attachment 28773

View attachment 28774

View attachment 28775

View attachment 28776

Assist level on eco?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Tested today the SL comp.
Rode less than 30km with 1160ft ascent. used mostly eco 30/100. 30% remaining battery after ride. Expecting to get max 40km ride with that setup on my trails.
I will ride tomorrow and test something like 20/50 assist on eco.

After all:
Bike is light and you can feel it for sure.
Front feels somehow too light and tried to wheelie on climbs even the fork is stock 150mm(on my levo fork is 160 and no problems).
Range would be a problem for me because i use water bottle for hydration so range entender is no go for me. I have ridden full power levo two years now so have get used of range and power.

I mostly ride trails and enduro segments so in my use on my trails, the full power levo is my weapon of choice.

If I have been riding normal bike before SL, SL would have definetly feel like a rocket ship!
Really liked the feel how motor worked!

View attachment 29064
I don’t understand why you just don’t get a hydration back pack as it seems with just a water bottle your not taking in enough enough water . Over 20 miles you need at least a litre of fluid even if you don’t sweat it out you still need it . Can cause problems later on in life if not now .

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
I don’t understand why you just don’t get a hydration back pack as it seems with just a water bottle your not taking in enough enough water . Over 20 miles you need at least a litre of fluid even if you don’t sweat it out you still need it . Can cause problems later on in life if not now .

I fill my bottle during ride in multiple spots.
I dont like the feel of backpack on back anymore. Used it for years before. Been without it now for three years. So much better feeling on trails without it. Sometimes i wear evocs hip back.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i have been using this sks anywhere cage with a 1l camleback bottle on the toptube just behind the stem.
sks_anywhere_11231_2.jpg

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I fill my bottle during ride in multiple spots.
I dont like the feel of backpack on back anymore. Used it for years before. Been without it now for three years. So much better feeling on trails without it. Sometimes i wear evocs hip back.
I get you and ok about refilling . And I’ve thought about the evoc hip pack with bladder .

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
cool i like the idea but can't demo ride one here at moment so trying to build a pic in my head of sl vs levo power

Big question you need to answer is why are you getting an ebike? Is it because you ride a normal bike but struggle on some hills ect? Or do you want a shuttle bike?

I got my SL because I needed that little helping hand on the climbs ect. I know for sure the full levo would be to much for me. But if I was going to start doing more shuttle stuff I'd want a full fat or kenevo.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
I need the extra help on climbing so I can ride and explore more! Assist level is at 30/100. Hope that helps.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Just changed the Tokens on my Comp Carbon Medium.

Just for reference

Fox 34s - stock - 0 tokens
Fox DPS rear - stock - Orange volume spacer - 0.8in - 2nd largest.

I've gone to 2 tokens front and largest volume spacer in the rear - I am about 120KG with all riding kit on.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Thinking of buying one of these bikes post lockdown. I had a 2020 Orbea Wild FS and had an unfortunate tumble on its maiden ride, resulting in a horrible shoulder injury and lots of metalwork. Currently only able to ride road and gravel but hoping to get back to tame MTB riding later in the year. Needing an eMTB to keep HR spikes down but I really don’t need the gnar ability that the Orbea does exceptionally well. Thinking that a Levo SL could be spot on for flowy xc natural trail riding, with a bit of assist on the hills. Slightly worried about range mind you. At 5ft 9 and a bit the geometry says large, but I’d need to get the dropper swopped from 150 to 125. Any thoughts ?

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Thanks, I have short legs and use ISM saddles, with a highish stack height and have everything measured and recorded so know the 150 dropper will be about 15mm too big. Not an issue as I’m sure LBS will swop when selling it.

So what are the thoughts about the bike for my purposes?

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Thinking of buying one of these bikes post lockdown. I had a 2020 Orbea Wild FS and had an unfortunate tumble on its maiden ride, resulting in a horrible shoulder injury and lots of metalwork. Currently only able to ride road and gravel but hoping to get back to tame MTB riding later in the year. Needing an eMTB to keep HR spikes down but I really don’t need the gnar ability that the Orbea does exceptionally well. Thinking that a Levo SL could be spot on for flowy xc natural trail riding, with a bit of assist on the hills. Slightly worried about range mind you. At 5ft 9 and a bit the geometry says large, but I’d need to get the dropper swopped from 150 to 125. Any thoughts ?

I am 5'9" and riding a medium SL, it fits nicely. I have the dropper all the way up and the seat post about 1-1/2" out.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Interesting re sizing, will have a try of a medium I guess ! What inside leg are you if you don’t mind me asking ?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I’m 5’10 and inside leg of 30 but going for the large as the medium is just way to short on the reach . My stumpy 19 is a large and fits like perfect for me with my 150 axs dropper slammed .

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Thanks, very similar here and the large does look right on the numbers, though seattube will I think be a problem with 150 dropper.

Gallijam

Jan 22, 2020
East Midlands
Im 5'8 had a large focus and that was fine but the levo Iv had medium as it high bike with the 29rs on Iv now change out to 27.5 s and the bike is perfect so I'd try a large and a medium if I was u

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Thanks, very similar here and the large does look right on the numbers, though seattube will I think be a problem with 150 dropper.
Im might go mullet .. have 27.5 on the back as then my feet can touch the floor . As when dropper is down my feet do struggle to reach the ground . But my Kenevo was the same and that was a medium .. I’m just a short arse with a big torso and just about the right arms .. I can live with it being a bit high as my feet can touch the ground on the inside of berms .. if the collar wasn’t so big on the axs dropper it would be Perfect but if I do struggle then I will put a 27.5 on the rear .

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
How’s this.
I am 181cm with 85cm inseam.
Some how my testbike, size large feels a bit small for me and feels smaller than my large size fullpower levo.
XL might be too big.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles