Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Oh... and you're not that guy who buys the lightest bike in the shop then procedes to ride it with a 10kg rucksack full of shite are you?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Oh... and you're not that guy who buys the lightest bike in the shop then procedes to ride it with a 10kg rucksack full of shite are you?
Sounds like a good way to train actually
5e54ff18fee23d4acc16f7d3.jpeg

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
I’m gonna try a dpx2 sunday i think i got a 210x52.5 direct from fox through my lbs. since i could not find the 52.5 listed anywhere either. I’m hoping the external battery will still go in.?
Please take a photo from the side when you fit the new rear shock as there are a ton of folks wanting to know if you can fit a DPX2 or similar on the SL and still fit the range extender.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Really?
What climbs?

A bit round the back of Pitfichie. Long climb up a grassy trail covered in snow. Just spun the cranks away until I got to the top. In ‘Trail’ mode, so 60% assistance. If I’d been in a higher gear, I’d have probably been putting in more torque, and spinning the back wheel instead.
Maybe it’s partly a lack of fitness on my part... but I was glad I had that massive cog!

8ACE0DB6-9597-4E14-8723-FF6E0F17DBC6.jpeg

About half way up...

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

Ha ha... nope, usually don’t even take a rucksack! If I do, it’s only got water in it!

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
For those wanting to push the SL into the more progressive territory these guys are releasing a new link that looks promising. I have exchanged an email, which stated it will work with the SL (just not tested as of yet).

Stumpjumper LT Link 2018-Current

I can see this + 160mm up front being a pretty "enduro-y" ride, especially if you can upsize.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A bit round the back of Pitfichie. Long climb up a grassy trail covered in snow. Just spun the cranks away until I got to the top. In ‘Trail’ mode, so 60% assistance. If I’d been in a higher gear, I’d have probably been putting in more torque, and spinning the back wheel instead.
Maybe it’s partly a lack of fitness on my part... but I was glad I had that massive cog!

View attachment 26717
About half way up...

Yeah. If that's where I think it is I know it well. Last time I did it was sat on the back of a quad holding onto my DH bike getting worse looks than Ebikers get on a trail centre climb from the DHers pushing up it. :ROFLMAO:

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Yeah. If that's where I think it is I know it well. Last time I did it was sat on the back of a quad holding onto my DH bike getting worse looks than Ebikers get on a trail centre climb from the DHers pushing up it. :ROFLMAO:

That’s the way to travel! Keep 100% of your legs for the way down ??

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
For those wanting to push the SL into the more progressive territory these guys are releasing a new link that looks promising. I have exchanged an email, which stated it will work with the SL (just not tested as of yet).

I can see this + 160mm up front being a pretty "enduro-y" ride, especially if you can upsize.

Never mind that, how many grams does it save? ?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
How long before Coronavirus delays Levo SL production/deliveries?

Taiwan is not mainland China but that region is increasingly locked down.

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
How long before Coronavirus delays Levo SL production/deliveries?

Taiwan is not mainland China but that region is increasingly locked down.

My company makes goods in China - there is no slowdown to factories anymore (there was earlier this month) -- so there should not be any delays.
The restrictions are on human travel and congregating in groups.

RaDja

Apr 2, 2019
Belgium
Today I started to assemble my SL in the bike shop and then take it apart at home and personalize it a bit!
I was really surprised about the weight if you pick up the SL, especially if you expect the weight of the Levo. I will continue to work on it tomorrow and hope to get it ready for the first ride on Sunday. If the weather permits.

4A416040-95AB-4FD0-9FAD-50675DDA3CF9.jpeg

C5DABB1E-1935-4A69-950F-451D470604DF.jpeg

3B124804-D265-4234-AA72-14447EC3A6B6.jpeg

98AE845A-7BFE-4735-A359-9A5CAECDC3AD.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere

A stump jumper/Levo shock bracket fits nicely and is around 12mm shorter than the SL/Kenevo shock bracket.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Your tyres and grips would both be awful for me and where/how I ride. But cool if they work for you. I see both the stumpy and the SL as very capable of Enduro style riding though rather than XC so would also choose an spd with more of a platform if clipping in. We're aw different tho, eh?
Thanks for explaining your choices.
I'm switching between xtr and crank brothers mallet pedals;-)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Another one for the weenies...
Please bear in mind this is a stock front brake vs what will be my front brake - but with a full length uncut hose.

SL Expert Brakes - SRAM G2 RSC.
81548D81-4CEF-4995-BBCB-71AEDC3257AA.jpeg

287g

Replacing with - Magura MT7 Pro
B14E66D3-DB21-4891-AD29-9041207FC6CE.jpeg

242g

I genuinely didn’t expect that. I thought the MT7 felt quite bulky when I picked it up, and that it’d be a reasonable amount heavier than the stock ‘lightweight’ brakes.
Again - not really much of a saving, but I’m fitting these for performance, not for weight. It’ll lose a few more grams when I shorten the hose too.

If I like them - I’ll be ordering in the carbon levers for them. Again - not for weight... but for my Reynauds syndrome (continually have freezing cold fingers!). Carbon doesn’t feel nearly as cold to touch on a winters day as aluminium ?

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Lego has always been lighter and warmer than mechano ;)

I bet the Magura's when fitted are even lighter than your weighing session suggests too.
Magura send them out with the longest hoses possible.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Lego has always been lighter and warmer than mechano ;)

I bet the Magura's when fitted are even lighter than your weighing session suggests too.
Magura send them out with the longest hoses possible.

There is something Lego looking about them... but they get great reviews, so I’m willing to give them a go.
That front hose will need a massive amount off. Tomorrow’s job though!

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
Why no chain guide unnecessary?
Why do you feel like you need a chain guide? I removed mine off of my Levo because it rubbed. I have never ran a chain guide on my MTB's with the Narrow Wide chain set up. I have yet to have a chain come off. On a Levo it is even less necessary because you can't even pedal backwards to cause the chain to come off if you are not fully in a gear. I would be curious to hear from ridders that have removed their chain guides and had issues.

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Today I started to assemble my SL in the bike shop and then take it apart at home and personalize it a bit!
I was really surprised about the weight if you pick up the SL, especially if you expect the weight of the Levo. I will continue to work on it tomorrow and hope to get it ready for the first ride on Sunday. If the weather permits.
View attachment 26745
17.23 kg with range extender and without pedals? Tubeless?

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
I'm 6ft 2" tall and am 82kgs - so definitely not over weight... but am maybe underpowered!
On Saturday I was riding my SL up climbs where I NEEDED that dinner plate at the back. It was a slow climb, but it was something I'd have ran out of puff in about 2 mins of my regular bike. The SL had enough power to get me to the top - even though it took 15mins! :p
Can say the same, being majorly unfit I still find I need it while trying not to use boost mode, trying to stay in eco or trail, for me the motor on the SL is to help me keep riding with fitter mates, not to boost past people, I want to get fitter and possibly in a year or 2, I will probably go to mainly Analogue again once fitness allows.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Ok so I took out the porky 20.2kg aluminium SL out today. That’s weighed on my bathroom scales so how accurate it is I’m not sure. Tubes, heavyish pedals, mud guards back and front and me 87kg loaded up.
Coming from my 27kg Kenevo it felt like I was riding a light XC bike. I loved the weight! Super poppy and very easy to throw around, change direction etc. The bike has a more natural feel to it rather than a shove in your back.
Obviously the components on it are crap and I hate anything under 180mm travel so it was super bumpy for me. With better suspension I’m sure it would feel a little nicer.
Power wise I felt it to be pretty good on everything but the super steep climbs and steep push up style fire roads. Still done it fine just slower than on the Kenevo. Motor noise wasn’t bad at all. You can defiantly here it in turbo but I actually really like the sound. Still quiet though by today’s standards. Also it was only it’s second ride so it may get quieter as the gears wear in.

If I buy one I will defiantly upgrade to more travel. I have a 180 lyric that I could drop down 10 to 20mm. Would appreciate a little more slack up front. The rear end could only get another 20mm travel at most before it hits the frame. With the guard I had on it (Sicomtb), it was just touching on full compression with the standard shock.

28km with around 700m elevation 80% turbo 20% trail. 2 bars left on the main battery.

For me I love my Kenevo for what I mostly ride but I really really want an SL for the easier rides or when I’m feeling the need to push myself. It would also be a super fun park/jump bike.

Last edited:

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Picked up my SL Comp carbon today. I few changes of components and it was on 17.77 kg.

View attachment 26755

Quick ride before the dark today. TOTALY different bike than the norma Levo.

Here's the beauty!

View attachment 26756
Sweet.

What changes?

My medium Levo Carbon Comp 19 is 27.7kg set to ride (ie 500Wh battery, pedals, tubeless, carbon bars) so you've hit the mythical 4kg weight saving there.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles