Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL motor and battery removal

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
Does anyone have instructions how to remove the motor and battery with torque specs? I’ve got some cable rattling in the frame and I wanna take a look in there. Also would be a good thing just to know. Thanks

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
You need to remove the guard, and the 4 bolts nearest the front wheel.
You need to slacken off the 2 rear bolts that are inside the chainstay.

The motor should then pivot down whilst remaining attached.

I have attached the torque settings - which are in the manual.

On another note... you’re wasting your time, as you can’t see anything by removing the motor! The cables are inside a pre-routed sleeve (on carbon models anyway)

5FDB119F-DFCA-4275-8DEE-BBD21ABE245C.jpeg

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
Thanks man. I looked everywhere for that. Yea I was afraid of not seeing anything. I’m wondering what I can do to quiet the rattling

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Doesn't getting rid of the main battery compromise the handling? One of he best things about the design is how low down and towards the bb the main battery is, by relying on the range extender you are pushing the centre of gravity up? May not be that noticeable though due to the weight I guess. Nice build though!

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Nice XC build there @tokij. I’m interested in the weight distribution with just the extender too. It’s a configuration that would allow you to fly with the SL in hold. Mind you post C19 that could be a while off.

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
I spoke to my dealer and they said if one tampers and tries to remove the battery, the motor warranty is voided. Very surprising to say the least. Has anyone heard different?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles