Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL Miles vs Warranty!

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Does it look like when the engine starts to be 6 months older and the mileage of the 1000 km range starts, the engines start to break down?
In percentages the same category as in Levo's.

This came to mind...

Mine's over 6 months old now, and close to 3,000kms, no issues. That could be the rule, not the exception, or the other way round. Either way, I sincerely hope mine keeps going!

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Just wondered if it would be worth people adding kinda type of riding etc
Like if they mainly ride eco or hoon around in turbo all the time to see is a pattern shows up
yes good shout.
I like to work a bit so often have the motor off or in eco. I use turbo a couple of times a ride though.
my rides are usually 25 to 30 miles with about 2500ft of climbing nearly all off road natural trails round woods and Dartmoor.bike is coming up to one year old and 2400 miles. Still quieter now than when new! No issues.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
yes good shout.
I like to work a bit so often have the motor off or in eco. I use turbo a couple of times a ride though.
my rides are usually 25 to 30 miles with about 2500ft of climbing nearly all off road natural trails round woods and Dartmoor.bike is coming up to one year old and 2400 miles. Still quieter now than when new! No issues.
Very similar to my riding style Hope my motor lasts like yours has fingers crossed

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Id like to know this as well.
The FF Levos seem to be dying from people with a very slow cadence and letting the bike do all the work. I’d assume it’s the same for our bikes.
I noticed that on the ff Levo seams to be down to low cadence I measure my cadence generally around 65 - 70 per minute would that be classed normal or slow ??

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Probably best if in I go up a gear then up the cadence then
So basically the lower the cadence the harder the motor is working ? Is that correct
so I believe. Bit like running your car engine up hill just above tick over in a tall gear. It’s not as efficient as getting the revs up. Probably puts more load on internal gears and clutches :unsure:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The corresponding motor speed will be lower with a lower cadence (as crank speed and motor speed will be directly related).

At lower motor speeds, when under load, the motor is pulling current and turning as hard as it can trying to accelerate, but because of the low cadence, it's not spinning fast enough to work effectively. Ultimately, you're putting more strain on everything within the motor by loading it and at the same time you're converting more of your battery power into heat rather than forward motion.

It's not the same motor, so the figures won't be the same, but on the Kenevo I recently noticed that riding with a damaged achilles tendon I subconsciously dropped my cadence to 60-70 which resulted in a 30% range drop. Back above 80 and everything is normal again.

Albertocsoares

Aug 19, 2023
Brazil
2021 SL Carbon

Ride all year long, 3 to 4 times a week, typical ride 25/30km, 1000m elevation using mostly trail mode, hard trails with a lot of rocks and dust, in the wet season small river crossing, this bike likes water.

Almost 7500km

Engine and battery 100%
Rear suspension rebuild 2x
Front suspension rebuild 1x
Dropper gone, did not find the fusion cartridge replacement, changed for a similar model
TCU changed once and its battery changed recently
Power control just changed

IMG_1141.jpg

cjc.emtb

Oct 13, 2020
Puerto Rico
2020 Levo SL Comp
@1,300 miles motor replaced because of a noise but still working.
More than 1,400 miles on the new one with 0 issues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles