Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL maintenance

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
went to take the motor guard off and after removing two obvious bolts it didn’t feel like it was gonna come off without breaking something. Also my free hub as come lose a few times and can’t find anything on line about the SL for home maintenance, looks like the free hub is only secured by a threaded spacer that sits inside the cassett. I’ve not seen one like this before and don’t want to over tighten. It’s got flanges to get a open ended 17mm spanner on but it turns the other spacer on other side of wheel before it gets fully tightened, This has no way of stopping it turning without resorting to mole grips or pliers to tighten up the free hub side fully. I always do my own repairs so hope we can all share here how to do stuff.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Yeah my free hub fell off to! Just shoved it back on... SL Expert.
I’ve done it up as tight as I can without clamping the other side. Seems fine for a few rides then suddenly get odd shifting and know it’s loose again. over 600 miles on the clock now ?

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I’ve got a creak from the main pivot area and plan on taking the rear triangle off and check the bearings. My question is., with the internal routing of rear brake line through the swinging arm (motorbike term I know but old habits n all that) I’m going to have to disconnect from the calliper. Will I lose all the fluid from the master cylinder? Will I need a new olive and barb. I know I’ll need to bleed it too.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
I’ve got a creak from the main pivot area and plan on taking the rear triangle off and check the bearings. My question is., with the internal routing of rear brake line through the swinging arm (motorbike term I know but old habits n all that) I’m going to have to disconnect from the calliper. Will I lose all the fluid from the master cylinder? Will I need a new olive and barb. I know I’ll need to bleed it too.

Creek=

IMG_20200426_155157.jpg

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland

You need to cut the hose if you want rear triangle fully apart from front triangle

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles