Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL charger problems

ChrisBrand

Nov 18, 2020
Pretoria
My SL is just over a year old and today when I tried to charge it I noticed first the green charger light was blinking and then when I plugged in the red connector I got a shock there on the black metal part and the charger then started blinking red. I have unplugged it and luckily have a friend here on holiday with an SL and used his charger to charge the battery with no issue. I left my charger plugged in for a while and then the green light went off completely and the charger appears to be be dead. Anyone had similar issues?

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
My SL is just over a year old and today when I tried to charge it I noticed first the green charger light was blinking and then when I plugged in the red connector I got a shock there on the black metal part and the charger then started blinking red. I have unplugged it and luckily have a friend here on holiday with an SL and used his charger to charge the battery with no issue. I left my charger plugged in for a while and then the green light went off completely and the charger appears to be be dead. Anyone had similar issues?
I've just had the same issue. I put the bike on the charger after a ride, went to grab it the next day and noticed that it had only had 14% charge and the charger had the red light flashing. Took it into the dealer and he couldn't initially get it to charge with another charger but after a factory reset the other charger worked fine. So he assumed my charger was toast. He's ordered another one but unfortunately, it's two months out of the two year warranty so that's $260 I'll have to fork out.

bubblesprinter

Mar 17, 2024
Costa Rica
Got the new charger and it's all good again. Hopefully that is just a once off.
It's not a one off, I 've been having the same problem with 2 chargers out of 4. The battery has nothing to do with it. One of the charger started to charge only to 98% / 97% and one day, upon plugging it to a moderately empty battery (40%), it could only reach about 15% charge. The cycle was "green, red, off" continuously. Plugging another charger to the same bike got the battery loaded to 100%. Discarded the charger and got a new one. The other "non compliant" charger is still in operation but will not charge more than 97%. For how long will that work, God knows... or Specialized (not to associate both ;-)). Meanwhile, I just interchange chargers between bikes once and awhile to make sure that it is not the same bike that gets charged only partially. I suspect there is a battery voltage sensing circuit of some sort within the charger that causes the problem but there are no indications whatsoever on the Internet to say or explain if that can be adjusted within the charger unit itself... So, for the moment, "scrap and buy" technology.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles