Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL buggered

Old Mike

Sep 3, 2019
Consett, County Durham
Loose or bad connection. 99% of the time with ebikes. Or... Water ingress could have caused a short circuit?

I just wipe the thick of the shit off mine then oil the oily bits.

Washing bikes just cleans the paint and gets extra water into the oily bits, unless you do a thorough job.

Which most people don't.

But then I'm not bothered about aesthetics.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I just wipe the thick of the shit off mine then oil the oily bits.

Washing bikes just cleans the paint and gets extra water into the oily bits, unless you do a thorough job.

Which most people don't.

But then I'm not bothered about aesthetics.
I'm similar. Before each ride, after the small amount of mud has dried, I use brushs - a soft one for the wheels, frame etc, harder one for the pedals. No water. Then I use compressed air - wave it around the seals etc, esp. but get right into the brake calipers to get rid of the dust. Then clean suspension and seat dropper with iso, a light oil and clean. Every now and then I wipe the bike down with a dilute solution of wash n wax - no rinsing. It's funny how trends change; when did all that soap and water come into fashion? And why? I don't get it. For a car, yes.

Last edited:

Old Mike

Sep 3, 2019
Consett, County Durham
I'm similar. Before each ride, after the small amount of mud has dried, I use brushs - a soft one for the wheels, frame etc, harder one for the pedals. No water. Then I use compressed air - wave it around the seals etc, esp. but get right into the brake calipers to get rid of the dust. Then clean suspension and seat dropper with iso, a light oil and clean. Every now and then I wipe the bike down with a dilute solution of wash n wax - no rinsing. It's funny how trends change; when did all that soap and water come into fashion? And why? I don't get it. For a car, yes.

You're more thorough than me, but I use grass to get the thick off, a cloth I carry in the car to get most of the rest off, then a brush when it dries.

Then I oil the oily bits.

If I'm going out the next day I don't even bother with the brush.

Re: when did all that soap and water come into fashion

Yes - lets use soap and water on mechanical mechanisms that have protective oil and grease on - that'll help!

I sometimes see mountain bikers pressure washing their bikes at garages. What could possibly go wrong?

crazymelki

Feb 25, 2020
Switzerland
today, after a week again a visit at LBS.

Seems to be a motor problem. The engine was unscrewed and sent to the manufacturer...

Could take an additional week or two.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Just picked up the Pink Panther from Bicycle Chain Weston, new wiring loom as the original had a pinched wire in it, and a new motor as there was too much play in the crankshaft. Been just over a week, not bad service in these strange times, and no need to drive to the other side of the country.

crazymelki

Feb 25, 2020
Switzerland
Today, again a week past and again a visit was announced.

So....The shop owner told me, that the motor is still in the workshop. :unsure: They ask for an exchange in advance at the manufacturer. But this seems not to be work, if you are not certified by Specialized. Dealer trainings are planned later this year and then the LBS gets some spare parts to exchange damage parts of E-bikes, like motor, TCU or battery.

Getting a new engine may take longer. :(

But we did a deal, that he is replacing the motor from other new SL staying in the store window and waiting for a buyer....Lets see if this is working until end of this week.

crazymelki

Feb 25, 2020
Switzerland
So yesterday I got the phone, that my bike is ready to use it again. The LBS did exchange parts of my bike with bike form the show room. But at the end there was just the TCU changed and both bike was working so far. Strange.....

I ask the LBS to give me the bike back with the latest firmware and the he told me that it's all done.

Driving home was ok...But when I connected it with Mission control, I did see that TCU is not uptodate :( And after switching the TCU cupple of times on and off...I got an motor error blinking signal on the TCU... New video by Melkon Torosyan

This morning again to the LBS...He called instantly the Spec Support. Together they was able to update the TCU and the Support did see a lot of information remotely, like the LBS did already calibrate yesterday the bike...

Back at home with the bike and lets see, if they could fix togehter the SL problem....i am staying tuned.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles