Levo - range extender or upgrade to 700 WH battery?

HarveyMiller

Jan 28, 2020
New York
I have a Specialized Creo SL Comp Carbon (what a ridiculously long name, eh?) and I've been getting 45-50 miles while riding with the "B" group of a local bicycle club. I ride about 35% of it in Eco mode, the rest in Sport mode. The battery is 320 watt hours and, as of yet, I don't use a range extender (RE).
I'll have to get the RE when spring comes just so I can ride Turbo more and for more distance, or at least not have to think about the metering as much but I'm hoping that a deal will come along.
What I'd really like is for the technological improvements promised for Lithium-Ion batteries and their spin offs to come of age long before I come of age. It'd be great to have a 640 watt hour battery weighing even less than the one I now have, fitted where my down tube battery is.
What's your typical range guys? - I know it's hugely variable on this and that but there seems to be a consensus that the std 500 wh gets you maybe 20 to 30 miles in trail/eco and a bit of boost?

JJLevo19

Apr 29, 2020
Melbourne
I would keep the 500w battery and buy a 700w spare (y)
I have a spare for my Levo - and it's the best upgrade :cool:
Sometimes I take the battery with me in my rucksag and go looong rides.
It makes me completely forget about any range anxiety.
But most of the time I just keep the spare in my car, which make it possible for me to ride the trails one or two more times at the same day.
Recently I have gone for 2 different locations on the same day :devilish:

I do the same with 1200w on tap. I have carried the battery in my back pack and ridden 50ks in trail with the 700 & switched over.

It’s a game changer with the 700 but a slight difference in weight of around 600grms which was noticeable at first with the jumps.

They say weight isn’t an issue with ebikes but it depends on how you ride. I’m 70kgs and like to use the power to ride as aggressively as I can.I think some weight loss off the bike would actually help.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles