Levo or Kenevo? Any buying advice from Specialized owners?

Craig79

Dec 27, 2018
Sutton, Surrey
Hi all :)
I've decided to go for a Specialized. But the question is wether to go for a Turbo Levo or a turbo Kenevo? :unsure: I have a max budget of £6000

Is it worth paying the extra for a Levo comp carbon or go with the Levo comp?
Should I go for a Turbo Kenevo expert or the expert 6Fattie?
Has anyone bought a Levo and wished they'd bought a Kenevo or vice versa?

Which of these is best to go for, for local trails, some down hill and some trips to wales and Scotland?

Any owners experiences would be much appreciated

Cheers

Craig

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
I've got a 2018 Levo Carbon and have to say I would have been happy with the alloy framed version had it come in a colour scheme I liked. As for Kenevo, I've seen a few guys riding them who are clearing 20 foot gaps and I can see how it's the bike for them. For mere mortals in the UK the Levo is more than enough - I've done a couple of downhills on mine and the lighter weight makes up for the shorter suspension.

Last edited:

Craig79

Dec 27, 2018
Sutton, Surrey
Ive been swaying more to the Levo and I did wonder if the carbon one really makes much of difference?
If it doesn't I might just go for the alloy frame then

Cheers

leverleg

Sep 16, 2018
britain
Ive been swaying more to the Levo and I did wonder if the carbon one really makes much of difference?
If it doesn't I might just go for the alloy frame then

Cheers
I dont have a levo but if I was getting a new one I would 100% wanna make sure I had the 700w battery over the 500.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
About 40% more...

Levo and Kenevo are very different bikes and aimed at different types of rider.

The Levo is (now they've caught up) a very accomplished, if somewhat overpriced, trail bike and the Kenevo is a big travel gnarpoon for hurtling down mountains. Your type of riding should dictate which would suit you better. Once you have decided that, it's possible that there may be something suitable for a considerably lower cost.

Craig79

Dec 27, 2018
Sutton, Surrey
About 40% more...

Levo and Kenevo are very different bikes and aimed at different types of rider.

The Levo is (now they've caught up) a very accomplished, if somewhat overpriced, trail bike and the Kenevo is a big travel gnarpoon for hurtling down mountains. Your type of riding should dictate which would suit you better. Once you have decided that, it's possible that there may be something suitable for a considerably lower cost.

It does seem as though the Levo would suit my needs better. Cheers

Finch9981

Jun 2, 2018
Tyne and wear
both are fantastic bikes and are very capable. i have a kenevo and take it up mountains on all day epics it climbs like a goat and is pretty much bomb proof on the descents. the longer travel suits my majority ride type more than the levo but no doubt that the levo could still do it. if i was riding mainly trail centres with the occasional all mountain type ride I'd have gone for the levo. one thing to bare in mind though is costs you could pick up a 2018 kenevo expert with a massive saving if you shop around seen some between 3500/3750 which is a lot of bike for the money

Craig79

Dec 27, 2018
Sutton, Surrey
both are fantastic bikes and are very capable. i have a kenevo and take it up mountains on all day epics it climbs like a goat and is pretty much bomb proof on the descents. the longer travel suits my majority ride type more than the levo but no doubt that the levo could still do it. if i was riding mainly trail centres with the occasional all mountain type ride I'd have gone for the levo. one thing to bare in mind though is costs you could pick up a 2018 kenevo expert with a massive saving if you shop around seen some between 3500/3750 which is a lot of bike for the money

I think I'm going to demo the Levo's and see which I prefer. I'll have a look at the 2018 too.
Cheers(y)

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I have the 2018 Levo comp and it’s taken everything I’ve thrown at it and I’m quite an aggressive rider jumps drops fast downhill
You name it my levo’s taken it and in its stride I might add.
You won’t go wrong with the Levo.
But knowing what I know now I and my style of riding I’d be best suited to a Kenevo and that will be my next bike.
So like everyone says it’s what’s best suited to your riding style but like I say the Levo will take a beating and come back for more no problem. Which ever way you sway one thing you will have is a grin from ear to ear ??

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
2018 and 2019 kenevos are more or less the same but be aware the entry level 2019 kenevo has a different motor.
I have gone from a 2018 levo to a 2019 and the difference in ride is miles apart, the 2018 levo is a very capable bike, the 2019 is something else, it makes me look like i have some skills lol
Personally i wouldnt bother with a carbon frame I would rather spend my money on upgrades.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles