Levo motor overheat

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
I got a motor warning in BLEvo after a short 850’ climb, all ECO and Trail, so not working it especially hard.
Temp reached a high of 111F
I Thought maybe it was full of debris as I have an early 2019 without the foam to keep debris out of the housing
With motor housing open, there was a little debris but nothing that would indicate the cause of the overheat.
Took it back to dealer, so glad I bought from a local Specialized dealer , makes taking it in easy.
I’ll report what I learn
Has anyone had a similar overheat?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
That's surprising, 111°F doesn't seem high or worrisome.

Checked the last few of rides on my 2018 Levo, air temp 70-80°F
These included climbing 2500-3500 ft, often in Turbo mode (firmware v.22, 70+% power)
BLEvo reported no problems, max motor temps 125-136°F
(average motor temp was 107°F on the 136° max ride)

Perhaps a hiccup in BLEvo? Check with Paolo.

Or ask our resident Levo expert about motor temp: Al Boneta to the white courtesy phone!

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Yes, I was getting a red flashing motor on BLEvo
It never occurred to me that it could be a problem with the app. Took my Levo it to the shop and out of an abundance of caution they are ordering me a new motor, put the bike back together and I will ride it until the new motor comes in. They are also installing the foam guard to keep leaves and debris out of the engine compartment

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
For now I am going to continue to run the original motor. I think it is a problem with BLEvo. With both Mission Control and BLEvo running my phone battery drained completely before I noticed the hot motor issue on the BLEvo app. Did not get a warning on Mission Control.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles