LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2 7.4.2 Firmware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
It is not the acceleration I am missing, it is the raw power turbo mode used to have on my bike.
But Specialized wrote, "This change in power delivery does not limit the engine torque or the maximum power that the system exerts, ... "

What we have here is a contradiction. I wonder who is right?

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
But Specialized wrote, "This change in power delivery does not limit the engine torque or the maximum power that the system exerts, ... "

I think that raw power turbo mode he's missing is the torque peaks that were killing belts

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yes, I reset it to my previous setting of 40%. It is not the acceleration I am missing, it is the raw power turbo mode used to have on my bike. It is definitely a smoother more refined ride now and the walk mode is better.
Well guys, I think this is my last post here.

It's become apparent that it's pointless trying to help when it's more important to people to DEFEND their opinion that they're convinced 7.4.2 is the problem, rather than providing the information asked for to help us FIX ! the issues they have. Maybe @dobbyhasfriends can contact a moderator and have the title changed to copy his thread and name it something like "Old ladies who know better".. I think they were already heading in that direction based on a previous post about Horlix ??! whatever that is.

Anyway .....

Thanks for finally providing something useful. It was noted by several riders that the power smoothing introduced in the previous motor firmware correlated to a change in how acceleration response works in some situations.

As such, it was necessary to increase - often double, the figure people were using previously to have a similarly hard power delivery. I'd strongly suggest you set it to 100% and start from there (as previously suggested, with the assumption - because that's all we've been able to do in this thread - that it was already at 100% before upgrading).

I will add, out of pure amazement .. that I cannot believe someone is complaining that their motor isn't punchy - when they have acceleration response set to only 40% ? Next you'll tell us that Turbo is set to 50/50.

Sayonara dudes as I've said previously, I hope you get your issues sorted.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I thought acceleration set to 40% was the default setting but the otp updates put it to 0% and we had to manually set it to 40% !
Where did acc 100% come into it , or have I been doing it wrong ?

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire

I don't think we have a contradiction necessarily, just a misunderstanding. I read that as the power delivery curve changing. So the rider input to extract that torque/power is different. On a steep climb, it isn't as easy to put in a bit extra. So a rider doing the same thing with settings as before would be getting less assistance - or assistance delivered progressively and thus making the climb more difficult. As above, I think that to get the snap you had before, you could try boosting the acceleration from 40 to 80% and see if that makes a difference?

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
Locking this thead so it can die the death it deserves and not waste anyone elses time.

Thankyou, and also Sorry, to everyone who's invested time and effort into trying to formulate a pattern into which bikes/motors this might have affected so that Specialized could investigate the potential problem. Thanks also to @Specialized Rider Care for regularly checking in and patiently waiting for some useful data to work with.

Now that we finally know that RPNZ had their acceleration response set to 40% , leaving them plenty of scope to increase that to 100% to increase their "Punch" with the existing facilities/settings already available in Mission Control.

And TLSP - who was so unfairly robbed of performance which was like a motorbike, but now isn't - it's an outrage - we need to complain.

Hi, I also updated the firmware last weekend and did a test the next day expecting something good but definitively the bike lost a lot of power on turbo mode. I have acceleration set to 20% and revised that after update it was also in 20% but the punch of the bike is much more less than it was. Not sure if the power it delivers is also lower but I am quite dissapointed. If each update is made to have less problems with motors, belts or batteries under warranty but giving customers less performance, we should complain. (note, I have turbo model in 55% power / 75 peak power)

Who has Acceleration set to 20% and Turbo mode set to 55% and 75% .. Well, what can you say.

From everyone here behind the scenes at EMTB Forums, thanks for your input, have a fantastic weekend and enjoy your bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles