Levo gen3 or Santa Cruz Bullet,

SDP

Dec 21, 2020
??
honestly XT coil is probably every bit as good as the X01 in most ways. The reserve wheels though are probably the main real world upgrade, the rest would be super hard to tell. I’ve just always hankered after those golden forks ?

But XTR is a great drivetrain and allows shifting under load, I think it’s a much better setup really. However it looks less bling and that counts for a lot in these ‘dream bike’ setups.
Ha, I’m with you. Have you seen latest SLX. They’ve done a stellar job on how it looks too.
Agreed my chosen X01 Coil total spec is great £for£ even if north of £10k. Will have to try the XTR drive train before the X01 bike arrives. As matching breaks to consider too!

Steveg56

Nov 7, 2019
California
I just got my Bullit XT kit and was considering waiting on the new Gen 3 Levo myself. My wife has a 2020 Levo Comp and so I do have some comparisons. Off the bat the EP8 is very quiet going up and mine is very quiet going down (no noticeable knocking noise) so I’m very happy there as I’ve heard the rumblings from the net. Love the 170/170 front and back as it’s a very plush ride and very stable...I’m much faster going down now without even trying to be. Love how the EP8 is small motor and now very quiet opposed to the Levo having a large very Ebike looking motor. Levo’s are tanks comparatively at least in the Comp trim line. The Gen 3 Levo is step in the right direction Geo wise and I’m sure will be a fantastic bike, but the Santa Cruz is sex appeal and super light. You’ve had the Levo’s ....it’s time for something new and exciting and the Bullit will compliment your Gen 2 Levo very well. Just my 2c.
F3D32C13-B8C6-44C2-A485-3773EA65976E.jpeg

AL_somer

Mar 26, 2021
Bristol
Looks great! I like the lavender. I know it spits opinion. Mine coming will be the copper but only as that was the one available in the colour I was version I was after. I might get it wrapped in a custom colour though.

let us know how you get on!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles