Levo FSR 2018 rear shock and battery questions...

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Hi all

Long time, no post but now back in the saddle and looking forward to some great riding this year!

Couple of quick questions please...

1. I'm thinking about replacing the rear shock on my Levo FSR 2018, any recommendations for a better air unit please (not coil) ? I'm pretty heavy (17.5 stone), and it doesn't feel as supportive as it could be!

2. I'm assuming it will, but can anyone please confirm if the 400wh battery in the 2019 Levo HT would work in my 2018 Levo FSR ? Considering getting the HT as a spare bike for local road/gravel loops and would be handy if I could also use the battery as a spare for weekend trips on the FSR!

Thanks for any guidance...

Steve.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hi all

Long time, no post but now back in the saddle and looking forward to some great riding this year!

Couple of quick questions please...

1. I'm thinking about replacing the rear shock on my Levo FSR 2018, any recommendations for a better air unit please (not coil) ? I'm pretty heavy (17.5 stone), and it doesn't feel as supportive as it could be!

2. I'm assuming it will, but can anyone please confirm if the 400wh battery in the 2019 Levo HT would work in my 2018 Levo FSR ? Considering getting the HT as a spare bike for local road/gravel loops and would be handy if I could also use the battery as a spare for weekend trips on the FSR!

Thanks for any guidance...

Steve.
By nature air shocks does not work very well for 100+ kg people and you will have to be careful picking another air shock.

Yes it does fit perfectly, I’m doing the exact same as wife got a 2019 HT.

Karsten

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Thanks for the reply @khorn , good to know the battery will work OK.

I'm now looking into replacement shock options, I see some on the forum have gone with coil shocks but they seem very expensive, so I would rather stick with an air shock if there is one out there suitable for a 100kg+ rider! Also the damper kit upgrade for the Revelation fork seems like a good option, so that's now added to the project list.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Thanks for the reply @khorn , good to know the battery will work OK.

I'm now looking into replacement shock options, I see some on the forum have gone with coil shocks but they seem very expensive, so I would rather stick with an air shock if there is one out there suitable for a 100kg+ rider! Also the damper kit upgrade for the Revelation fork seems like a good option, so that's now added to the project list.
A Fox Van RC coil shock together with a bikeyoke is not that expensive and you won’t regret that - give TFTuned.com a call and they will sort you out and setup the shock for you as well.

Karsten

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Hi Karsten
Please can you let me know what rear shock set up you have, with regards to parts I would need to order ? The bike is in for the fork update (to 150mm), and I may get the rear sorted too, from 135mm stock Rockshox air unit, to 150mm Fox Van coil.

I can then pass then onto the bike shop for them to liaise with TFTuned.

Thanks!

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
When they contact TFTUNED just ask for Paul and say the same setup as “Karsten Horn”. Please remember to add in your own fully kitted weight as this is important when they have to choose the right spring for you.

Btw if you go for the Bikejoke + Van RC I recommend to go 160 mm up front and combine it with offset mounting hardware for the rear shock. By doing so you maintain stock geometry while getting 150 mm out back and 160 mm up front.

Karsten

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
When they contact TFTUNED just ask for Paul and say the same setup as “Karsten Horn”. Please remember to add in your own fully kitted weight as this is important when they have to choose the right spring for you.

Btw if you go for the Bikejoke + Van RC I recommend to go 160 mm up front and combine it with offset mounting hardware for the rear shock. By doing so you maintain stock geometry while getting 150 mm out back and 160 mm up front.

Karsten
Im confused !!
Ive been trying to wring 150mm travel out of a Levo back end for the last 2 yrs
Ive spoken at length to TF Tuned and other suspension experts and get negative answers
Currently fitted a bike yoke and a 51mm stroke shock with 190 mm eye to eye .
That's a 3mm longer stroke than standard on a 135mm travel levo
Approx 2.8 leverage ratio x 3mm = 8mm plus 135mm existing travel = 143mm new travel
A longer stroke would be required to get 150mm travel . Around 54 mm
A custom shock would be req
Possibly longer overall length
Not much room to lenghten eye to eye , maybe 3mm before it starts to cause frame fouling issues
Also geometry changes but if its only a few mm could be corrected with offset bushes
TF Tuned have done a custom shock but are VERY reluctant to do it again
I hope im wrong and please point me in the right direction cos I'd love to squeeze 150mm out of mine
But so far I've got the same negative response from every suspension tuner ive tried

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Im confused !!
Ive been trying to wring 150mm travel out of a Levo back end for the last 2 yrs
Ive spoken at length to TF Tuned and other suspension experts and get negative answers
Currently fitted a bike yoke and a 51mm stroke shock with 190 mm eye to eye .
That's a 3mm longer stroke than standard on a 135mm travel levo
Approx 2.8 leverage ratio x 3mm = 8mm plus 135mm existing travel = 143mm new travel
A longer stroke would be required to get 150mm travel . Around 54 mm
A custom shock would be req
Possibly longer overall length
Not much room to lenghten eye to eye , maybe 3mm before it starts to cause frame fouling issues
Also geometry changes but if its only a few mm could be corrected with offset bushes
TF Tuned have done a custom shock but are VERY reluctant to do it again
I hope im wrong and please point me in the right direction cos I'd love to squeeze 150mm out of mine
But so far I've got the same negative response from every suspension tuner ive tried
With my setup I measured the travel to be 146-147 mm. I placed the bike hanging with the wheels just touching the floor and then compressed the shock fully and measured the space between floor and lowest point of rear wheel. I know it’s not fully exact as the movement is actually a circle arc but this was the best I could do.

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles