Levo damaged freehub and seized wheel bearing

tvandall

Mar 24, 2020
Victoria, BC, Canada
DT350 and be done. Best bang of buck around.

Don't bother with the 54t ratchet, the 36t is plenty fine enough for an ebike and gives you bigger teeth with more meat on them. I have seen people destroy 54t ratchets on regular bikes, so definitely possible on a Levo.. I actually take my 54t out of my carbon wheels when they go on my levo and toss my 36t ratchets in to deal with the added torque.

Swan Thanks, your feedback is consistent with my research and advice from lbs. DT recommends the 24 tooth ratchet for Ebikes. I'm going to get a second set of DT350 wheels and use the rovals for commuting. Have been told to tune acceleration down in app settings when commuting to increase motor life. Wheel's back on so going for a shred today. cheers

Brianvfr

May 21, 2018
Denmark
Replaced both bearings in the rear hub as well as the freehub tonight. Wheel feels better now than the day I had it ?
Off to Llandegla tomorrow and Coedy Sat / Sun so it is going to get a hammering ?
was it 61903 bearings? in wheels with carbon rims?

Brianvfr

May 21, 2018
Denmark
Sure about the DT Pawls? as far as I know they are labeled formula hubs...

SPECIALIZED FREEHUB BODY FHB FORMULA XD DRIVER FREEHUB 11 SPD (FH-535HA)

if the dt fit, please report back!

are there 2 6903/61903 on the axle and 2 in the freehub? So 4 Overall? Want to change them all with better ones as at least a few are grinding hard after 4K km with my featherweight on them

as they are carbon rims but sure not the best I do not want to invest in new hubs, just some reliable bearings (Enduro ABEC 5 or SKF MTRX to have my peace of mind)
is it four 6903(61903) bearings in the hub then?
looking to replace the bearings after 2000 km
levo with carbon rims.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles