Levo comp fork woes...

NewLifeLevo

Sep 23, 2019
Victoria, BC, Canada
On my Levo Comp, I also found the Revelation harsh and lacking performance. Although I did not check or resolve these known issues or play a lot with set-up. The lack of stiffness and adjustability would always prevent the best feeling, performance fork so I decided to move forward with a 2019 Fox 36 Performance Elite 160mm 44 offset (non E). The fork was bought used (PinkBike) to try out with the lower offset rather than investing right away on a 36-E at a much higher cost. For now, with potentially a Fox 38-E next year, the fork upgrade goes along way to making the bike work well on the fast technical trails here in BC. By the way, I also ended up replacing the stock RS shock with a Fox dpx2 Performance shock (still playing around with set-up here as it's off a '19 SJ Eco 27.5 Pro). The balanced suspension and ride quality have boosted my level of confidence significantly and the bike's overall performance by a level of magnitude.

Swan

Oct 19, 2019
North Idaho, US
I think that it totally depends on the way the bike is getting ridden, but 35mm chassis fork is under gunned for a 45lb bike with a 200+lb rider riding aggressively.

I ordered a 37mm chassis DVO onyx for my 2019 Levo. I'll keep the Revelation on my wife's Levo and take out all the tokens and make sure to get it to 30% sag.

Also when was the last time the lowers were serviced? I have seen forks come with not enough bath fluid from the factory.

NewLifeLevo

Sep 23, 2019
Victoria, BC, Canada
Yes, agreed. E-bike specific and more aggressive enduro-type performance suspension needs to evolve for a 45lb+ bike, rather than under gunned and marginally preforming products. This product development will potentially benefit all types of riders and both e- and non-e bikes.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I think that it totally depends on the way the bike is getting ridden, but 35mm chassis fork is under gunned for a 45lb bike with a 200+lb rider riding aggressively.

I ordered a 37mm chassis DVO onyx for my 2019 Levo. I'll keep the Revelation on my wife's Levo and take out all the tokens and make sure to get it to 30% sag.

Also when was the last time the lowers were serviced? I have seen forks come with not enough bath fluid from the factory.
Onyx is 36mm. The only fork with 37mm stanchions is the Mezzer.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Interesting my mate bought a Rev fork second hand but essentially unused. Not sure if it came off a Levo or not but his fork sits at least 50mm lower than mine (2019 Levo Comp). He weighs 65kg and has 100psi in the fork and is bottoming it out over jumps. So it is a completely different beast to my fork. I have removed both tokens use 70psi and am never closer than 70 mm from bottoming out.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
having taken a closer look at my Forks the reason for the Fork sitting high is leakage of air pressure into the lower legs. The 10% mark for 150mm should sit 15mm from the dust seal so if it is higher than that it means air pressure has leaked into the lower leg. The forks are with SRAM now for check and repair.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles