Levo Gen 2 Levo Comp 2019 fitted with SRAM AXS

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
So I had an impulsive day, bought myself the SRAM AXS upgrade kit for my 2019 Levo Comp. Added a 36T SRAM chainring as well, except for having the wrong bolts for the chainring the first time - it was a smooth install. (The SRAM X01 chainring bolts refer to the X01 crank - and will not fit the Levo crank with the SRAM X-Sync chainring.)

I shifts pretty darn smooth! Probably not €800-smooth, but I decided to stick with this Levo for a few more years so I figure I might give her some new bling every once in a while.

The components needed are:

SRAM AXS Upgrade kit - Controller, Derailleur, Charger.
SRAM NX PG-1230 Casette for Shimano/SRAM HUB. (Get this one to fit your hub.)
SRAM NX/GX Eagle chain (I had one already)
Optional: 36T Chainring, 4x mm M8 chainring bolts. (I got the SRAM X-Sync2 36T)

2020-09-19 17.09.10.jpg
2020-09-19 17.08.57.jpg 2020-09-19 17.08.51.jpg

Guppy

Oct 25, 2020
So I had an impulsive day, bought myself the SRAM AXS upgrade kit for my 2019 Levo Comp. Added a 36T SRAM chainring as well, except for having the wrong bolts for the chainring the first time - it was a smooth install. (The SRAM X01 chainring bolts refer to the X01 crank - and will not fit the Levo crank with the SRAM X-Sync chainring.)

I shifts pretty darn smooth! Probably not €800-smooth, but I decided to stick with this Levo for a few more years so I figure I might give her some new bling every once in a while.

The components needed are:

SRAM AXS Upgrade kit - Controller, Derailleur, Charger.
SRAM NX PG-1230 Casette for Shimano/SRAM HUB. (Get this one to fit your hub.)
SRAM NX/GX Eagle chain (I had one already)
Optional: 36T Chainring, 4x mm M8 chainring bolts. (I got the SRAM X-Sync2 36T)

View attachment 40630 View attachment 40629 View attachment 40628
Thank you for posting this. I too have a 2019 Levo Comp. Could you please tell me if you needed to change the chain length when upgrading from stock to your current set up? If so, do you know how many links? Thanks.

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
Yes, you will need a longer chain. I'm not sure how much, I think I took 2 links off a brand new chain. But, I also changed to a 36T in front.

I recommend you follow the sram procedure and measure the chain according to your bike. In fact, I recommend you follow it all - I skipped a step, and screwed up the b tension at first. Make sure you measure that when the bike is in sag position.

Miru

Oct 23, 2020
Romania
Hey Vilt, nice upgrade! Wanted to ask, is there any particular reason you've set the chain guide in that position? Thanks.

Guppy

Oct 25, 2020
Yes, you will need a longer chain. I'm not sure how much, I think I took 2 links off a brand new chain. But, I also changed to a 36T in front.

I recommend you follow the sram procedure and measure the chain according to your bike. In fact, I recommend you follow it all - I skipped a step, and screwed up the b tension at first. Make sure you measure that when the bike is in sag position.
Thank you, I appreciate the hindsight.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles