Levo Coilmania

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
They are certainly the fashionable thing at the moment, the coil is making a big comeback.

NGreen

Mar 15, 2019
Orange County, California
I’ve been in the market for a coil rear shock. Will a rear shock that came off a 2019 stumpjumper fit the 19 Levo? they look the same just don’t know if there are any differences between the two bikes as far as the shock goes.

Been looking for a good used one

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I’ve been in the market for a coil rear shock. Will a rear shock that came off a 2019 stumpjumper fit the 19 Levo? they look the same just don’t know if there are any differences between the two bikes as far as the shock goes.

Been looking for a good used one
Looks like I've sold my Levo so I will be selling one of the two coils that I have if you're interested?
Ohlins TTX22M or a Rockshox SuperDeluxe Ulitmate that is Vorsprung tuned (both coils only two months old with minimal use). Both are 210x55. I have a 600 and a 650lb spring for the Rockshox. No spring for the Ohlins (I'm keeping them). The tuned Rockshox feels better than the Ohlins FYI.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Had coil on my Kenevo, now have a Levo and went for a FOX X2 air shock

From what Ive read the Levo is a progressive frame so not really designed for a coil shock and will blow through all the travel, coil shocks are more suited to linear frames

There are pros and cons to both and quite a few people on Levo's seem happy with their coil shock, you can buy a progressive spring for a coil shock

Some info on linear v progressive here

Progressive vs Linear Suspension

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
No plans to fit a spring to my levo, but then I'm not using anywhere near the full capability of the bike at the mo
I'd love to go to a trail park, but they're all miles away and I don't drive.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Had coil on my Kenevo, now have a Levo and went for a FOX X2 air shock

From what Ive read the Levo is a progressive frame so not really designed for a coil shock and will blow through all the travel, coil shocks are more suited to linear frames

There are pros and cons to both and quite a few people on Levo's seem happy with their coil shock, you can buy a progressive spring for a coil shock

Some info on linear v progressive here

Progressive vs Linear Suspension
You have your linear and progressive the incorrect way. A coil shock is more suited to a progressive linkage as it is linear (your large volume X2 is quite linear like a coil too).
2020 Levo has enough progression in its linkage for a coil at the correct spring rate. Definitely one of the biggest improvements putting a decent coil on this bike (along with better forks and brakes lol)

Osiris

Mar 6, 2019
Gloucestershire
Ive just bought a Fox DHX2, just waiting to fit it to the frame as LBS forgot to order bushes, even though i requested then at the time of ordering. Ive got the shock, just waiting for the bushes, very frustrating!!!
I‘ll let you know how it runs............... eventually!

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I don't think you will like it @galaga187

I had one on my old Levo and couldn't get on with it. Again it's horses for courses but I prefer a Shock..

If you want a decent upgrade go for the X2. It's a beast. I've got a DPX2 on mine which is great but wish I had got an X2 which I rode in the Alps on the Haibike and loved it..Really supple and far more tunable.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I don't think you will like it @galaga187

I had one on my old Levo and couldn't get on with it. Again it's horses for courses but I prefer a Shock..

If you want a decent upgrade go for the X2. It's a beast. I've got a DPX2 on mine which is great but wish I had got an X2 which I rode in the Alps on the Haibike and loved it..Really supple and far more tunable.
Cheers mate - I’m might be suffering from FOMO ?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Ive just bought a Fox DHX2, just waiting to fit it to the frame as LBS forgot to order bushes, even though i requested then at the time of ordering. Ive got the shock, just waiting for the bushes, very frustrating!!!
I‘ll let you know how it runs............... eventually!
Could you press out the bushings in your existing shock and reuse?

Osiris

Mar 6, 2019
Gloucestershire
I can on the lower one, but can’t get the top one out. Seems a universal fit, however it won’t come out and I don’t want to take a hammer to it!!!
Just adding to the frustration!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles