Levo charges only to 96%

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
My 2018 Levo FSR Base only has 8 charges. It is a ex display bike. Has the latest firmware. Battery health shows 100% in Mission Control app. When I charge it it only goes to Charge 96% in MC.

Is this normal? I also think my battery runs out fast compared to my friends with similar bikes.

Lazy Biker 84

Jun 15, 2018
Shropshire
My 2018 Levo FSR Base only has 8 charges. It is a ex display bike. Has the latest firmware. Battery health shows 100% in Mission Control app. When I charge it it only goes to Charge 96% in MC.

Is this normal? I also think my battery runs out fast compared to my friends with similar bikes.

Maybe it might be a good idea to take the bike back to the dealer and explain your situation. You appear to have a faulty battery.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
It takes 8 hours from the time of charging for the cells in a battery to balance.

I think one of the cells in the pack is bad.
Take it back to the shop you purchased it from.

I don’t mean to sound like an asshole (I just do)
But what solution other than taking it back to the shop did you think was going to be suggested?

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
I don’t mean to sound like an asshole (I just do)
But what solution other than taking it back to the shop did you think was going to be suggested?

I do not mean to sound like an asshole either. My dealer probably sells around three Specialized e-bikes a year. They do not even have the appropriate cable for firmware upgrade, had to do it in another shop. Probably they will tell me to come in with the bike and I will be without bike for a couple of weeks.

Since I read a lot on this forum and other places on the internet about battery health degrading, firmware and app versions with different readings, x charges needed for right values etc I thought I ask a question to get the knowledge from the forum before leaving it to the shop and be without e-bike.

I often ask questions on different forums since I thought that is what forums is for and I almost every time find the knowledge in the forums better than shops etc. Will definitely think more and longer before doing it again.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I do not mean to sound like an asshole either. My dealer probably sells around three Specialized e-bikes a year. They do not even have the appropriate cable for firmware upgrade, had to do it in another shop. Probably they will tell me to come in with the bike and I will be without bike for a couple of weeks.

Since I read a lot on this forum and other places on the internet about battery health degrading, firmware and app versions with different readings, x charges needed for right values etc I thought I ask a question to get the knowledge from the forum before leaving it to the shop and be without e-bike.

I often ask questions on different forums since I thought that is what forums is for and I almost every time find the knowledge in the forums better than shops etc. Will definitely think more and longer before doing it again.
Do not become discouraged, ask if you need it, we will answer you

Lazy Biker 84

Jun 15, 2018
Shropshire

You're more than welcome to ask bud, I know id always ask on the forums before I act. If people have nothing positive to say, they should just keep quiet.

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
Thanks everyone! Time for update. Tried my friends charger and it was the same, only charges to 96%. I now have 14 charges so I took it to the dealer.

At first they rang me and said they have newer seen so many fault codes (is it the right expression?) before so they should contact Specialized. When I picked the bike up they had talked to Specialized. It was perfectly normal that the battery only charges to 96% and it could take up to a year before that settled. Seems strange to me? Especially as crazyethic and some other I read about got their batteries replaced.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Sorry but that is crap, my best guess is that they did not call Specialized at all.... my suggestion is to contact a better bike store, it sounds like 1 of your cells have gone bad.

Karsten

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
I am not in the UK and maybe Specialized in my area is not as experienced with e-bikes. Something definitely seems wrong.

I also feel that my bike looses power when I have about 50% battery left. My friends with Levos do not feel that. Do not know if it is normal or not? Battery shows 41.0 volt at 96% charged and 37.0 Volt at 46% charge. Will check friends bikes next ride.

idahoskiguy

May 16, 2018
Idaho USA
If your LBS won't help you, you should contact Specialized directly!

Specialized is very customer oriented and should be able to resolve your issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles