Levo Gen 2 Levo battery removal

Vin829

Feb 18, 2020
California, USA
I’ve recently purchased. 2021 comp and I was wondering has there been any damage from constant battery removal and install. In order to carry the bike on my roof rack I need to remove the battery to stay under the weight limit. I know the battery comes out super easy. I’m just wondering if there are any long term effects?

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I've had my Comp Carbon almost a year now and keep the battery in the house away from the bike.

I ride at least 3-4 times a week so am constantly inserting, removing and charging the battery. To date I've had no issues with the bike or battery.

It's really easy to do when the bike is hanging from the Steadyrack.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I've had my Comp Carbon almost a year now and keep the battery in the house away from the bike.

I ride at least 3-4 times a week so am constantly inserting, removing and charging the battery. To date I've had no issues with the bike or battery.

It's really easy to do when the bike is hanging from the Steadyrack.
That Steadyrack looks like a neat solution. No concerns that it's bad for the forks with all that weight hanging off it?

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
That Steadyrack looks like a neat solution. No concerns that it's bad for the forks with all that weight hanging off it?
Hanging like that is nothing compared to hitting ruts/rock/roots at 30mph (with a fat bloke sat on the top), plus you get the benefit of the fork oil soaking the upper bushes nicely.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham

No concerns at all, as @Wiltshire Warrior says, the angle at which the bike hangs means the bushings stay lubed.

The Steadyrack is probably the best thing I've bought since the bike itself; in addition to the above, it's a great storage solution, reducing the footprint of the bike and allows the bike to be swung to one side.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
No concerns at all, as @Wiltshire Warrior says, the angle at which the bike hangs means the bushings stay lubed.

The Steadyrack is probably the best thing I've bought since the bike itself; in addition to the above, it's a great storage solution, reducing the footprint of the bike and allows the bike to be swung to one side.
Thank you both. The space saving was the part that piqued my interest. In the garage, we will need to store three ebikes, my Levo, my wife's e-step-through from Riese & Müller and my mother in law's e-tricycle. Plus my workbench, etc. It's getting kinda crowded!

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Thank you both. The space saving was the part that piqued my interest. In the garage, we will need to store three ebikes, my Levo, my wife's e-step-through from Riese & Müller and my mother in law's e-tricycle. Plus my workbench, etc. It's getting kinda crowded!

Space saving was one of the main reasons I got the Steadyrack, you can fold the rack up and swivel the bike against the wall when the bike is hanging. Have a look on YouTube too, some good video's of it in use :)

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I was at my local Concept Store today and spoke to one of the mechanics. He confirmed that hanging the bike from the front wheel is absolutely no problem. Just make sure that the rack is strong enough. As steadyrack rate theirs for 35Kg, shouldn't be a problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles