Levo Gen 2 Levo battery issue - single green flashing light

boytie

Jul 7, 2019
New Zealand
Thanks for all your posts. My bike this long weekend has stopped starting and when I plug into power I see third light flashing so I assume my 2019 Levo Expert 700 watt hr battery has an issue. Disappointing. Bike had been going great and day before I had a large ride with no issues. Maybe issue happened as I charged it up for my ride today. Interesting heat is not a component of my issue. Was 21 across ride and when charged it was in a cool garage. I had the firmware updated around Aug last year around time the engine issues and extended warrantee discussions were doing the rounds. Hopefully there isn’t an issue getting a replacement battery here in NZ as I am loving my biking at the moment.

Bluishblue

Mar 15, 2020
Italy - Rome
I'm luckly still ok with my 700Wh battery but 7 of my friends had the same issue 3rd led blinking and battery replaced under warranty. Other 2 friends had the 500Wh dead no leds no power on replaced from LBS.

Louismachav

Nov 1, 2020
NL
Just to let you know that as of today I also have the third light blinking on my battery. My bike is a 2021 Levo S Works and just 4 weeks old. My LBS will claim with Specialized and have it replaced. Surprised to see this issue popping up so frequently.

As an update, I had my second battery die with the same issue last week. It actually happened in the middle of a ride. The battery simply stoppend doing anything. Went to my LBS and they have replaced my battery for the second time. Not happy it happened, but quick resolution and good service by the LBS/Specialized. Fingers crossed it won’t happen again....

Mitch1129

Dec 23, 2020
Pittsburgh
Glad I found this thread. Was going CRAZY that my bike wouldn’t turn on and would shut off time to time and not turn back on. TCU has no power and the third green light blinks when I plug it into the charger. Off to the LBS for a new battery on my 5 month old Turbo Levo....Ugh!

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Happened here this morning. 2021 Levo Comp.
3000km ridden.

F35DE1B1-C026-4B6D-BE9A-CF9D866BCC87.jpeg

dfhowardcml

Dec 5, 2021
reno, nv
I have a 2022 expert. 11k dollars plus tax = 12k. This is a lot of money for me but my cardiologist said no more mt biking in Reno after my second heart attack unless I get an ebike. Rode it this summer and it died a few weeks ago. The LBS said it was the battery, motor, or TCU. Not helpful. After 10 days they said it was the motor. After a few more days they said it was the battery. It has been 17 days and no bike. This has been the best Fall for bike riding in decades. You can even ride Tahoe. I can't because I am only allowed an ebike. I explained to the LBS and to Specialized but no sympathy. Very disappointed!! I think Specialized should give a 50% discount on another bike so I can have a backup. I am not kidding about this. With the mark up they can break even and I wouldn't mind as much.

dfhowardcml

Dec 5, 2021
reno, nv
I have a 2022 expert. 11k dollars plus tax = 12k. This is a lot of money for me but my cardiologist said no more mt biking in Reno after my second heart attack unless I get an ebike. Rode it this summer and it died a few weeks ago. The LBS said it was the battery, motor, or TCU. Not helpful. After 10 days they said it was the motor. After a few more days they said it was the battery. It has been 17 days and no bike. This has been the best Fall for bike riding in decades. You can even ride Tahoe. I can't because I am only allowed an ebike. I explained to the LBS and to Specialized but no sympathy. Very disappointed!! I think Specialized should give a 50% discount on another bike so I can have a backup. I am not kidding about this. With the mark up they can break even and I wouldn't mind as much.
Apparently this rider is not the boss. Specialized- please change your slogan.

Andy L

Dec 2, 2021
British Columbia, Canada
Exact same issue here. Bike going back to LBS today. They had not seen this before. Thanks everyone for posting your experience.
Update. Specialized has agreed to replace the battery 2021 Levo expert 1y 1m post purchase. LBS gave me a loaner battery awaiting the replacement. Of course it snowed that very day.

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
Just joining the club today....2 months old 2021 model.....phoned the shop...they want to plug it in to diagnose, so that's New Years eve written off then...bummer.

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
Update: Spoke to the dealer who sold me the bike Specialized Concept in Plymouth....took it to my local Concept store in Ruislip....battery checked...need a new one. Replaced in less that an hour....Blinding service.

KO2019

Aug 22, 2019
Rutland
Another 700wh battery with this fault, LBS diagnosed as low battery voltage today but it is 3 months out of warranty so will wait and see what happens when they have tested with another battery and speak to Specialized.

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
You will be covered by UK Consumer law...If you're in the UK obviously. Goods must last a reasonable amount of time. 15 months for an e-bike battery is not reasonable.

Last edited:

KO2019

Aug 22, 2019
Rutland
Thanks for the suggestion.
Good news is Speacialized are living up to their great customer service record and replacing for free as it is only a couple of months after the 2 year warranty end.
Still makes me wonder why my battery, after 126 charges with no issues, went from 100% health to not working?

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
I was told it was Water ingress...Not sure how. They also replaced the plastic bash guard which now has 2 x drain holes.

Hammick

Feb 3, 2022
Kansas City, Missouri
Add me to the third flashing green light list. My bike is 2020Turbo Levo Comp with the 700wh battery. Diagnosis from LBS is battery "entered in permanent failure status". Battery has eight charge cycles and was showing 100% health before it went into fault mode. 61% SOC when hooked up to LBS computer.

My battery is out of warranty by exactly two months. Fingers crossed that Specialized takes care of me.

If Specialized gives me a new battery under warranty do I get another two years warranty on the new battery?

Exrm193

Dec 18, 2020
Herts
Add me to the third flashing green light list. My bike is 2020Turbo Levo Comp with the 700wh battery. Diagnosis from LBS is battery "entered in permanent failure status". Battery has eight charge cycles and was showing 100% health before it went into fault mode. 61% SOC when hooked up to LBS computer.

My battery is out of warranty by exactly two months. Fingers crossed that Specialized takes care of me.

If Specialized gives me a new battery under warranty do I get another two years warranty on the new battery?

Not sure.I think you'll find warranty is only on original purchase. best check.

E92Vancouver

Dec 16, 2019
Vancouver
Hi all - I’m new to the group and am a turbo levo rider. I’m having battery issues - the bike won’t turn on and the battery is showing a single flashing light (third light up)when plugged in but the power unit is showing green (it’s charged) . I’d charged and checked it one day and it was showing full battery , tried to turn it on the next day and nothing . Had the battery out and cleaning terminals etc. But still nothing. Can anyone help please ?

View attachment 40623
I have this same issue. Only started happening right after I upgraded to the new TCU, motor and battery firmware. Bike works fine. The battery charges but once it gets fully charged I get this 3rd flasing led. Mission Control app says battery health is 100%. Mission control app said their is a battery system issue and to visit an AD. Went to an AD. They hook up their fancy diagnostic hardware/software to the battery. Their equipment said the battery was 100% okay. So will just ride the bike as usual until I can't ride or can't charge.

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Well mines gone the same as these, I went out on Saturday to check the bike over before a ride and all ok, got kitted up and went to ride and the bike (2019 carbon comp) won’t turn on even though I’d fully charged it, plugged the battery in and just the one light flashing. i upgraded to this 700w battery 2 years and 2 months ago , anyway I’ve taken it back to the specialized concept store in Chester where I got it and they have confirmed it’s dead…they have put in a warranty claim with specialized that hopefully they will allow…..watch this space!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles