Levo base model sold out for the year?

srileo

Apr 11, 2019
San Francisco, CA, USA
My apologies for the slightly alarming title, but after calling around local dealers, a dealer in Montana mentioned that the black base levo is "finished for the year". Only the yellows are left. If the above is even remotely true, given that the Comp is back ordered by about a few weeks at most, i wonder if Spesh is crimping the supply of the base model to sell more of the Comps and higher grossing models.

Also, in casually comparing the base models of the Levo vs direct consumer brands such as YT Decoy, Commencal Meta Power, I dont see an earth shattering difference in spec. Suspension is always Rockshox lyric or equivalent, and the Levo base is missing the dropper post. Everyone universally agrees that the Brose-S motor is slightly superior to Shimano, and the batteries for all are around 500Wh anyway. I dont personally care much for carbon frames or rims, and prefer alloy even if slightly heavier.

Would you agree that only at the Comp and expert level you start to see the big differences in spec compared to direct consumer?

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Theres a big different between spec on the base Levos to Decoys. The base Decoy is comparable to the Levo Carbon Comp spec wise but the YT is over a grand cheaper. However only you can decide if the differences are important to you. I suspect only the dropper and fork on the base Levo would actually limit performance and its a good bike to upgrade from.

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
I ended up with a meta power because it was much better spec than the base Levo and I would have had to spend an additional $600-1000 to bring the base to where I wanted with a dropper and coil shock.

Yes I don’t have all the fancy tech of the Levo but I had my bike in hand 1 week after ordering and it was at least $2000 cheaper than the base levo would have been.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles