Levo - 2018 vs 2019 is it worth it?

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Before I drop another huge load of cash I'm hoping those of you that have tried both can give me the pro's and con's from your actual riding experience? If possible I'd like to know the comparison between the s-works models. Thanks in advance!

deanphoto

Dec 14, 2018
UK
Before I drop another huge load of cash I'm hoping those of you that have tried both can give me the pro's and con's from your actual riding experience? If possible I'd like to know the comparison between the s-works models. Thanks in advance!

I can’t comment on the S-Works, as I have only ridden both Comp Carbons (owner of 2019, rode 2018 model for a weeks). However, the latest generation feels like a completely different bike. The new bike feels like a properly good mountainbike with a motor, rather than a mountainbike compromised by huge tyres and the weight of a motor. The new bike can be thrown around the trail, popped off of any lumps and bumps and is a ridiculously good descender.

See if you can demo one, or borrow one locally.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I’ve ridden a few demos on 2018 bikes (cube, pivot, KTM, lapiere, Specialized, Cannondale, Saracen, Focus) the 2018 Levo Comp Carbon stood out as a capable engaging Trail bike. The kenevo felt a bit too point and forget. I’ve ended up with a 2019 Levo Comp Carbon which I’m really happy with. For the riding I do think it’s more kenevo like than 2018 FSR like this might be due to 29er wheels.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles