Levo 19 wont switch on. Just briefly get faint red light.

DarrenG

Feb 28, 2019
Dorset
Ive read on here a few issues with peoples bikes not turning on and now thats what has happened with mine. I briefly get a faint red light when i go to turn it on but nothing else , the green lights you can clearly see light up behind the power plug but then go off and nothing. The bikes less than a month old and It was working fine, but as ive read on here its happened after being on charge after being washed (despite the fact i wash it very carefully). Ive cleaned the plug and contacts but it sounds like ive got condensation where the power plug enters. How should i get rid of this. Ive owned the 17 my before this so got to know its faults, this bike however, having the TCU on the frame not the battery im trying to get a bit more familiar with how it all works. Thanks for any help.

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Ive read on here a few issues with peoples bikes not turning on and now thats what has happened with mine. I briefly get a faint red light when i go to turn it on but nothing else , the green lights you can clearly see light up behind the power plug but then go off and nothing. The bikes less than a month old and It was working fine, but as ive read on here its happened after being on charge after being washed (despite the fact i wash it very carefully). Ive cleaned the plug and contacts but it sounds like ive got condensation where the power plug enters. How should i get rid of this. Ive owned the 17 my before this so got to know its faults, this bike however, having the TCU on the frame not the battery im trying to get a bit more familiar with how it all works. Thanks for any help.
Yes I've had that twice my thoughts were the moisture on the Tcu connections so unplugged and took inside for the night. Put Vaseline on connection after put together again and on outside of remote . Been ok for a couple of months now. Think i am being too careful cleaning as well then next time I use hose lightly.

DarrenG

Feb 28, 2019
Dorset
Yes I've had that twice my thoughts were the moisture on the Tcu connections so unplugged and took inside for the night. Put Vaseline on connection after put together again and on outside of remote . Been ok for a couple of months now. Think i am being too careful cleaning as well then next time I use hose lightly.
Thanks for the reply. Yeh i did try that. I ended up pulling he side casing of and the power cable was a right mess. Its only a month old and a bit piss poor to be honest. My LBS are on it and have a cable etc to get straight on it.

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Thanks for the reply. Yeh i did try that. I ended up pulling he side casing of and the power cable was a right mess. Its only a month old and a bit piss poor to be honest. My LBS are on it and have a cable etc to get straight on it.
Yes gets mucky down there , night mare cleaning unless you have a proper work are not out in the cold. Not in best of places that side panel managed to knock it off with a stone once. Happy Ebikeing

DarrenG

Feb 28, 2019
Dorset
My lbs Primera in Charminster tested the power cable which was completely ruined where it bends into the motor. I could clearly see that from my own inspection. They Replaced it the very same day and up and running again. I imagine youve the same issue. Its a terrible design as the plug should be a 90 Degree however the cable is just expected to ben severly instead. Cant fault Primera for getting me back up and running but i dare say im not hopefull it wont happen again. Im assured it will simply be fixed when or if it goes again. Hopefully it will be redisigned.

IMG-20191120-WA0025.jpeg

IMG-20191120-WA0029.jpeg

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
My lbs Primera in Charminster tested the power cable which was completely ruined where it bends into the motor. I could clearly see that from my own inspection. They Replaced it the very same day and up and running again. I imagine youve the same issue. Its a terrible design as the plug should be a 90 Degree however the cable is just expected to ben severly instead. Cant fault Primera for getting me back up and running but i dare say im not hopefull it wont happen again. Im assured it will simply be fixed when or if it goes again. Hopefully it
My lbs Primera in Charminster tested the power cable which was completely ruined where it bends into the motor. I could clearly see that from my own inspection. They Replaced it the very same day and up and running again. I imagine youve the same issue. Its a terrible design as the plug should be a 90 Degree however the cable is just expected to ben severly instead. Cant fault Primera for getting me back up and running but i dare say im not hopefull it wont happen again. Im assured it will simply be fixed when or if it goes again. Hopefully it will be redisigned.

View attachment 22195

View attachment 22196
Yours look horrendous been told blow out with airline but all the crap in there and the piddly little wires I'm scared I would blow them off .wondering how to get the cable tested no ebike people round where I am. Should be a shorter cable has to kink to fit in

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
Hard to believe they are still charging thousands for a bike with this known issue, Iโ€™m told on another thread they care and want to fix this, however they are still taking cash and leaving people with the potential of being stranded far from home.
There is little point in a constant renewal process without root cause failure and a fix, I pity the lbs and wonder if they are compensated for there time by Specialized.

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Hard to believe they are still charging thousands for a bike with this known issue, Iโ€™m told on another thread they care and want to fix this, however they are still taking cash and leaving people with the potential of being stranded far from home.
There is little point in a constant renewal process without root cause failure and a fix, I pity the lbs and wonder if they are compensated for there time by Specialized.
Well not got it going yet so unsure if its water ingress or cable not sure if I can get tested locally. I know what you mean I spoke to Lapiere dealer he binned them as he was not getting paid for his labour and too many warranty claims with their bikes.

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Well not got it going yet so unsure if its water ingress or cable not sure if I can get tested locally. I know what you mean I spoke to Lapiere dealer he binned them as he was not getting paid for his labour and too many warranty claims with their bikes.
That's it going so who knows went off again when I put cover back on so cable position affects connection im thinking. Shite really

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
That's it going so who knows went off again when I put cover back on so cable position affects connection im thinking. Shite really
Complain to customer care if the bike is not fit for purpose use your consumer rights, the bike is only a month old, get a refund or replaced, if you can get a refund I would given their history.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015
You have a specific time frame of 30 days to return faulty goods and receive a full refund. You are entitled to ask for a refund or price reduction after one failed attempt by the retailer to repair or replace a faulty item, or request another repair or price reduction at no extra cost.

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Complain to customer care if the bike is not fit for purpose use your consumer rights, the bike is only a month old, get a refund or replaced, if you can get a refund I would given their history.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015
You have a specific time frame of 30 days to return faulty goods and receive a full refund. You are entitled to ask for a refund or price reduction after one failed attempt by the retailer to repair or replace a faulty item, or request another repair or price reduction at no extra cost.
Yes Paul mine's July I got it but basic things like cable too long that's an easy fix for Speacialized surely. Any way fired up again tomorrow will tell. Don't fill you with confidence I was intending a 2 days trip at weekend 80miles don't fancy pushing Levo for 10 miles at least to a proper road

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
report these failures with photos to Specialized HQ UK web site. They provide a form for contact on the web site. The lbs will replace it but feedback on these failures does not appear to be reported back to Specialized so something can be done a bout it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles