LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Spent part of the Christmas holidays mountain biking with some friends at Waitangi MTB Park in the Bay of Islands, New Zealand. We set out to leisurely ride Grade 2 trails but our mixed group ran into 'goldilocks' trouble. Although all rated Grade 2 in the map, the trails we ventured into proved to be either too easy, too technical, or too gruelling for the group. So I set out to SCOPE a trail loop that would better suit a mixed group such as ours.

I really only hit it at pace because I wanted to keep the video as short as possible (got it down to about 12 minutes), but I discovered something. As it turns out, even mundane Grade 2 tracks do get interesting when attacked like a time-trial, or a rallye special stage... it's a different world on an eMTB! At my age with my health issues (excuse the laboured breathing) - riding at this sustained pace... was like a dream!

The video shows the trails in its entirety, so those in the area who are interested won't need to scope it. All three trail segments are family friendly and should be recreationally doable in approximately an hour (maybe less) depending if they're accompanying children or not.

Last edited:

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Spent part of the Christmas holidays mountain biking with some friends at Waitangi MTB Park in the Bay of Islands, New Zealand. We set out to leisurely ride Grade 2 trails but our mixed group ran into 'goldilocks' trouble. Although all rated Grade 2 in the map, the trails we ventured into proved to be either too easy, too technical, or too gruelling for the group. So I set out to SCOPE a trail loop that would better suit a mixed group such as ours.

I really only hit it at pace because I wanted to keep the video as short as possible (got it down to about 12 minutes), but I discovered something. As it turns out, even mundane Grade 2 tracks do get interesting when attacked like a time-trial, or a rallye special stage... it's a different world on an eMTB! At my age with my health issues (excuse the laboured breathing) - riding at this sustained pace... was like a dream!

The video shows the trails in its entirety, so those in the area who are interested won't need to scope it. All three trail segments are family friendly and should be recreationally doable in approximately an hour (maybe less) depending if they're accompanying children or not.

Great video , probably the best made I’ve seen ! If I send you all my footage can you make mine ?

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Great video , probably the best made I’ve seen ! If I send you all my footage can you make mine ?
I only do editing as a hobby. I’ve got an old iMac with not enough RAM, so it freezes all the time haha. So woefully inadequate - a slow tedious process. I’ve got 3 lots of my own footage still sitting around waiting for me to recover from the agony of the previous edit. o_O

But thank you so much for the encouragement. :)(y)

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany

Mate, that is a beautifully edited video. Made me quite homesick with the warm weather, sound of the cicadas etc. It is cold, wet and unpleasent here in Germany. Days are so short that you have to be home ny 04:00pm so not much motivation to get out there. A bit of snow, but mostly mud.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Mate, that is a beautifully edited video. Made me quite homesick with the warm weather, sound of the cicadas etc. It is cold, wet and unpleasent here in Germany. Days are so short that you have to be home ny 04:00pm so not much motivation to get out there. A bit of snow, but mostly mud.
Thanks for the compliment mate. Yeah nah, I don't know if I can handle northern hemisphere winters. My son is in Vancouver and sending pictures of snowfall... fun for a while, to begin with... but then, yikes.

I gotta say, I'm super impressed with the GoPro HERO7 Black microphone. I've heard several vloggers criticise it but it works well for me. I don't even have a wind sock over it! I just have the camera chest mounted - and I seem to get my vocals (too bad about the breathing too), the bike noises and lots of nice ambient sounds - all somehow balanced that I don't even need to fiddle with the audio. I only noticed the cicadas once, while we were there (my wife couldn't hear it even when I pointed out how loud they were - she needs to go to an audiologist for damaging her hearing from years and years of blow-drying her hair, haha!). I only just noticed and remembered how prominent the cicada sounds were, while editing the video! I was oblivious to it most of the time...

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
lots of gorse!! The rain jacket is a Nukeproof!! My mate visited the shrubbery as well at one point and now has several gorse thorns imbedded in his saddle!

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi Lazy,
You do the trails that I do with my mates almost every weekend; its really good there at Peaslake. There is one bomb-hole bit in your vid that I have looked at for years but never done!! I ride to the left of the oak tree on the up bit.... not had the bravery to do what you did..
I'm off the bike for a few weeks as I broke 3 fingers coming off the top of Pitch Hill where a tree jumped out in front of me!
I'll look out for a mad-man on a Kenevo with blue grips; I'll come and say hello!!

Cheers
Steve
Took the Kenevo up Peaslake Surrey Hills yesterday for a blast , filmed a few climbs as well !

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
To the right of the tree looks harder than it is , no need to do anything just commit . I’ll keep an eye out for you ?

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
Did a early morning ride over Cannock Chase, did the monkey with lights and felt very weird.
My girlfriend and I just started doing night rides. She runs 800 Lumens on her bars and I run 500 on my helmet and 350 lumens on my bars. I have a Leyzyne Macro Drive 1300XL coming to replace the cheap Amazon 350 lumens light I have on the bars now. Night rides are a blast!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles