LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Eeh (bah gum) biker

Jul 5, 2018
Sheffield
This is one of my very first attempts with my new Hero 7 Black. Riding down the Glühweintrail (Mulled Wine Trail), a natural trail on the Burgberg (Castle Hill) in Bergstein/Germany. GoPro was mounted to an iSHOXS Bike Mount on the handle bar.

That is the sharpest video I have seen on here by far ... Is it the Hero 7 or the Vimeo that's responsible for the clarity of the footage ?

comegente

Jul 28, 2018
Aachen, Germany
That is the sharpest video I have seen on here by far ... Is it the Hero 7 or the Vimeo that's responsible for the clarity of the footage ?
I think it´s Vimeo providing a much better quality even in Full HD 1980x1080p. After uploading some clips shot with the Hero7 Black to YouTube I was very disappointed about the poor quality and therefore subscribed a trial month of a Plus membership on Vimeo. The footage looked indeed much sharper there.
Meanwhile I found out that YouTube uses different codecs depending on the resolution of the footage you are uploading. Footage in 2,7K or 4K is converted with the vp09 codec, you can check the codec by right-clicking in the video and see "Stats for nerds". However this code only shows up if you are using the Chrome browser. Safari on MacOSX only supports the avc1 codec and a max resolution of 1080p. On mobile devices you only will see 1080p anyway, afaik.

Here is another clip I shot the same day with the Hero7 Black, you can compare the quality on both Vimeo and YouTube for yourself. Both clips were uploaded in 1080p.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I always think that the jump line on Northen Monkey is actually pretty hard, not necessarily in terms of danger factor, but takes some proper skills (which I dont have!) to nail the line and in my book at least you are a pretty hot sh!t if you can do it with style and make it look easy - props to @Jpla9849 because his footage makes it look like he did just that!

I think its one when having a tow in behind someone who knows it is the way forward

Jpla9849

Jan 8, 2019
Sevenoaks
Good man!!
I only did the first one, you've inspired me to do the whole run now.
Are the others any harder than the first?

So I got my tips for it from one of Sam Pilgrims videos. Basically, after the first, slightly pump to make the second and don’t brake. Then the last one, I put in maybe 3 big pedal strokes after the corner and just hang on. Would suggest the last is probably the easier but just scary

Jpla9849

Jan 8, 2019
Sevenoaks
I always think that the jump line on Northen Monkey is actually pretty hard, not necessarily in terms of danger factor, but takes some proper skills (which I dont have!) to nail the line and in my book at least you are a pretty hot sh!t if you can do it with style and make it look easy - props to @Jpla9849 because his footage makes it look like he did just that!

I think its one when having a tow in behind someone who knows it is the way forward

Thanks! I had to guess due to being on my own on the speed. But if you can do the first you can do the rest

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I alway worry doing it by myself in case I nail myself, but if there are others there I get intimidated and pussy out - need to HTFU really - I was there once when all the kids who ride for Pedal and Spoke where seasoning it and boy did I feel old and crap! Though they where a nice bunch.

Eeh (bah gum) biker

Jul 5, 2018
Sheffield
I think it´s Vimeo providing a much better quality even in Full HD 1980x1080p. After uploading some clips shot with the Hero7 Black to YouTube I was very disappointed about the poor quality and therefore subscribed a trial month of a Plus membership on Vimeo. The footage looked indeed much sharper there.
Meanwhile I found out that YouTube uses different codecs depending on the resolution of the footage you are uploading. Footage in 2,7K or 4K is converted with the vp09 codec, you can check the codec by right-clicking in the video and see "Stats for nerds". However this code only shows up if you are using the Chrome browser. Safari on MacOSX only supports the avc1 codec and a max resolution of 1080p. On mobile devices you only will see 1080p anyway, afaik.

Here is another clip I shot the same day with the Hero7 Black, you can compare the quality on both Vimeo and YouTube for yourself. Both clips were uploaded in 1080p.

The two are worlds apart - looks like I will be subscribing to Vimeo too.Thanks for providing the two clips.

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
I rarely take a camera out but did so I could share some of Sherwood pines for friends who want to ride there. First video bit of downhill and red, second video mainly off piste

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
How stupid can one be, riding along the trail showing some slower riders around and then a combination of a finger on the front brake lever + a small bump and BOOM - I did a almost perfect OTB :ROFLMAO:

Learning by suffering!

The new Hayes Dominions are indeed effective :ROFLMAO:

Karsten

Rockyw

Sep 16, 2018
New Zealand
Well due to this shitty little crash on 19th March I am out of action for awhile. Tore 3 out of 4 Rotator cuff tendons badly, in my left shoulder, and now facing surgery. Bugga !

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Well due to this shitty little crash on 19th March I am out of action for awhile. Tore 3 out of 4 Rotator cuff tendons badly, in my left shoulder, and now facing surgery. Bugga !
I know how it feels and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Karsten

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Epic days riding with @Paul Mac and friends on the 30th March. Perfect weather, riding and covered 29miles on the 700wh battery. If you haven’t been up to the Surrey Hills I highly reccomended it..

First major run out on the new slightly pimped Turbo Levo Expert and absolutely love it, as I stated in Robs latest video ??

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Taking in some of the classics there - nice, looks like you must have covered a fair spread over the area?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yeah I was watching that thinking no way I would have the range - I can just about do up and over from Westcott to Peaslake, up to a lap of Supernova and then back on one battery at the mo, which is about 24 miles.

Also I kept getting distracted by the TCU lighting matching the fox factory top caps on your bike - that really is taking pimping to another level :cool:

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Epic days riding with @Paul Mac and friends on the 30th March. Perfect weather, riding and covered 29miles on the 700wh battery. If you haven’t been up to the Surrey Hills I highly reccomended it..

First major run out on the new slightly pimped Turbo Levo Expert and absolutely love it, as I stated in Robs latest video ??

Great vid Jon?? I missed the Surrey Hills rideout before but would love to join you and @Paul Mac for a blast around sometime. The trails look fast and the jumps look fun. We need to arrange something ??

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk

Your GPS must be playing up Jon, we did 36 miles !!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
That is impressive range round there, especially as you must be hitting at least 3000 or so ft of elevation?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Your right @Paul Mac It was longer than I thought..I was f******cked..

4500ft elevation. Only had 1 bar left at the end. Running 30% eco and 45% Trail.

175F6EAC-5F0A-4A40-A902-A1AC5C2539A6.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I got 22 miles and about 3200 ft out of my battery there yesterday before it went dead, 50-50 mix of eco and trail :(

Thank god my credit card is maxed out :cool:

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Managed this on Wednesday, over 5500ft climbing and 36 miles.
Still had 2 bars of battery left.
Settings are
Eco 20/30
Trail 40/60
Turbo 100/100

Screenshot_20190404-222244_Strava.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I ma genuinely amazed at the range you guys are getting - thanks for sharing, and keep the footage coming!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles