LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
When are you getting a GoPro man?

Dude. Super clean riding on crank it up. I’d love to see a KSL send one of the bigger jump lines. No pressure.

Haha... thanks! "Crank it up" was my warm up run that day. I am not a big fan of jumping but did hit Lower ALINE but my camera died just as I was about to hit the Moon Booter (35ish" table top jump). I cleared it (it has a good run in and run out) but I have done it on my Levo SL as well. The hardest one to hit is the last step up on ALINE going into the village as you need to carry a lot of speed around a corner and its starting to get a little lose as the trails dry out. I will try again next week when its not 38 degees up there! I thought you would be a fan of Schleyer (my favorite) as that trail has it all :cool:

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
today. got two days to ride then I’m gone until September:(
in 2 weeks I might be able to make a video.

Cool trail! Bigger than ALINE for sure but not as droppy as Dirt Merchant Pro Line. I can't believe they let you ride the trail when they are working on it. At Whistler, they will shut down the entire trail for days if not weeks to work on it.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
It’s awesome but you have to brake to not over jump like crazy In some spots. I hear Aline is bigger from those that have ridden both And it’s speed is perfect.
Your trail looks more interesting than ALINE (but I am not a fan of ALINE as it is basically 40 odd table top jumps with a couple of step ups and a drop). A LOT of riders LOVE ALINE as once you get the speed right, it does flow nicely. If you can scrub, you can go even faster. All the cool kids are on Dirt Merchant Pro Line or Crab Apple Hits (where they do the Crankworx Whip-off) as those are the biggest jumps (CAH) and drops (DM) at Whistler, both of which are out of my reach! One of my favorite jump trails is at Silverstar in Vernon BC. It has more variety (step ups/downs) than just table tops than ALINE. I have only been able to ride it once last few years but it is super fun!

Pipe Dream Silverstar Bike Park, Vernon BC (Levo SL)

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Mad respect. Such a cool trail. hope I can ride like this when I’m your age.
Haha... I would like to say that I am getting better as I age but that is just not the case (I used to easily clear all those jumps on that trail - Pipe Dream)! After I smashed my heel bone into 13 pieces going off a drop a few years ago, I have lost some confidence and skill (I can no longer jump off my bike when I am about to crash - I used to be able to land on two feet but I now have to tuck and roll instead). As I am sure you are aware, its all about confidence, practice, building muscle memory and reflexes. Fortunately, I seem to crash less these days but I am taking it a bit easier too, at my age :D

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Bit off today and didnt feel right on the bike at all but managed a little ride out to test some camera angle views. Tested Wide, Medium and Narrow all on 27k with stabilization on. I cant tell the difference lol.

Good effort but without image (more) stabilization, its difficult to watch. Are you using a chest mount? My experience (Gopro 10) has been that when I do POV shots, I use Superview (16mm - noticeable fisheye effect if you on the edges of the screen). Image stabilization on Standard (reduced cropping and better battery life). When I shot video of people or action shots, I use a Linear lens (19-39mm) to reduce the fisheye effect and of course, NO Image stabilization. YMMV but as long as we are having fun, I think THAT is all that matters :)

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
man you guys have some awesome bike parks around the world ,all the interesting lines we have are pirate lines built by riders hiddin from authorities. this is one of the more Flowey ones
Haha... if you have the elevation, all you need to do is add a few jumps and some structures and you will have it! The North Shore was built over many years, by many people, who had the same vision. Start up an Organization and get local and government funding. Squamish may have a leg up with all of its natural terrain (it has been a struggle over many years and is on going today) but if you build it, riders will come. Or do what so many others have done, move to Canada!

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Good effort but without image (more) stabilization, its difficult to watch. Are you using a chest mount? My experience (Gopro 10) has been that when I do POV shots, I use Superview (16mm - noticeable fisheye effect if you on the edges of the screen). Image stabilization on Standard (reduced cropping and better battery life). When I shot video of people or action shots, I use a Linear lens (19-39mm) to reduce the fisheye effect and of course, NO Image stabilization. YMMV but as long as we are having fun, I think THAT is all that matters :)
Thanks for feedback The camera is the akaso v50 pro SE so not a gopro, was testing to see if any of the other views gave more stabilization over the super wide but i couldnt see any improvement either lol.
the akaso is an improvement over my previous cam but clearly on a hardtail on roughish terrain the stability is not that good, yes i was on the chesty and its much better when mounted on the chin mount i have but not overly keen on that view angle.
Last night after researching the gopro max....... i decided enough was enough and bought one so hopefully i can at least get some stable footage when its delivered and have some better view options with the 360° feature

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
some stable footage when its delivered and have some better view options with the 360° feature
When you need a little bit of Max advice and editing advice I'm happy to help, but i will definitely recommend watching some tutorials on how to use the quik app for the Max. and I expect to see overlays and stickers on all your videos from now on ;)

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
When you need a little bit of Max advice and editing advice I'm happy to help, but i will definitely recommend watching some tutorials on how to use the quik app for the Max. and I expect to see overlays and stickers on all your videos from now on ;)
Cheers Mucca will have a play around myself 1st and see how i go but will call upon if needed.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Just shows you, the settings and position make a lot of difference. This is with my open face and camera mounted just under the visor on (what was meant to be 2.7k at 50fps) because of the light levels. you can see its a little bit more shakey and grainy.
Riding gets more interesting after about 2 minutes. (sorry for the F'ing language)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Got some footage from my recent Europe trip I'll be uploading soon, here's the first.
Swiss national DH line on the Ebike. This one's in the Morzine/PDS area, some amazing views from the top!
Would have been good to get some more runs in, missing a few of the features on this...

So have you added up how many miles and elevation you have covered in the last few weeks ? I reckon you’ve climbed the equivalent of Everest about 16 times 😆👊🏼

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
So have you added up how many miles and elevation you have covered in the last few weeks ? I reckon you’ve climbed the equivalent of Everest about 16 times 😆👊🏼

Just checked strava, more elevation on my trip than the whole of last year I think, 99% assisted though... 😂

Screenshot_20220804_231757_com.strava_edit_160775645380675.jpg

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Here's one from Finale Ligure - Roller coaster
2nd run down this and did it all as one, I'm used to 1-2 min descents so was hanging on a bit at the bottom!

That looked extremely enjoyable and a challenge at that speed. You could tell you were somewhat familiar with the trail. No wonder you were hanging on at the end! Well done!

I need to go there before I get too old...

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
That looked extremely enjoyable and a challenge at that speed. You could tell you were somewhat familiar with the trail. No wonder you were hanging on at the end! Well done!

I need to go there before I get too old...

Cheers, it's a really fun trail and deserves it's name!
I have no short term memory capability at all, I just remembered you can go flat out for most of it :ROFLMAO:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Man. It’s beautiful where you’re riding. Never seen your videos past shaking headache causing images.
Thanks, So i get the BAMApproval i guess .
Slym’s videos have been like watching Hans Christian Anderson’s story of the Ugly Ducking, and now he is finally a magnificent white swan taking flight over the North Peak District
Thanks Im more like a wingless Swan if this analysis is to be accurate lol. I do try though and its good that i have progressed ( even if it has cost a small fortune on cameras alone ) i honestly didn't think there would be so much difference going to GoPro and put it down to terrain and hardtail as the reason. I kind of knew after Cannings as that was quite flowy but the akaso v50 pro footage was still mediocre so did some more off social testing and finally decided to just get a bloody gopro and if the difference wasn't that noticeable then I'd sell it .
I can safely say im keeping the max

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Thanks, So i get the BAMApproval i guess . Thanks Im more like a wingless Swan if this analysis is to be accurate lol. I do try though and its good that i have progressed ( even if it has cost a small fortune on cameras alone ) i honestly didn't think there would be so much difference going to GoPro and put it down to terrain and hardtail as the reason. I kind of knew after Cannings as that was quite flowy but the akaso v50 pro footage was still mediocre so did some more off social testing and finally decided to just get a bloody gopro and if the difference wasn't that noticeable then I'd sell it .
I can safely say im keeping the max

I think you should post your first ever ride edit and do the same ride using the GoPro and then post that, side by side, so we can see how they compare. A now & then scenario 😀

I went through exactly the same ‘camera’ progression when filming motorbike rides. Started on a mobile phone, then a cheap Amazon (Apeman) camera, then a Drift Ghost. Tried using the Drift Ghost on an mtb ride but the stabilisation was shite so purchased the GoPro 😀👍🏻

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles