LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Its been a while since I've done any kind of bike filming and recently bought a Hero 8 Black so I thought I'd give it a go.
I used a chesty mount with most of the settings that the motocross guy used posted earlier in this thread (post 1695)

2.7k @30fps
Wide lens (instead of superview)
Hypersmooth - on
High bitrate
Shutter - Auto
EV Comp - -0.5
ISO Min 100, Max 800
White Balance - Auto
Sharpness - Medium
Colour - GoPro colour
Raw Audio - off
Wind - on

3 short sections of the Penhydd Trail at Afan, no music, titles etc just a simple dissolve between the clips. Edited together in Adobe Premier Elements and output @ 2.7k@30fps and uploaded. The 6.30 clip ends up at 1.45Gb

Let me know what you think :)

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Its been a while since I've done any kind of bike filming and recently bought a Hero 8 Black so I thought I'd give it a go.
I used a chesty mount with most of the settings that the motocross guy used posted earlier in this thread (post 1695)

2.7k @30fps
Wide lens (instead of superview)
Hypersmooth - on
High bitrate
Shutter - Auto
EV Comp - -0.5
ISO Min 100, Max 800
White Balance - Auto
Sharpness - Medium
Colour - GoPro colour
Raw Audio - off
Wind - on

3 short sections of the Penhydd Trail at Afan, no music, titles etc just a simple dissolve between the clips. Edited together in Adobe Premier Elements and output @ 2.7k@30fps and uploaded. The 6.30 clip ends up at 1.45Gb

Let me know what you think :)

Looks good super flowy with good camera angle and quality too

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
potato version has processed, might have to start naming my videos " last weeks ride "

great ride out with some of the fun parts highlighted as most of the ride was grueling uphills in the heat.

View attachment 90665 View attachment 90666

Looks north west of where we were riding at the weekend. Bet it was rough as f**k on a hardtail :) what forks / travel do you have up front ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
The Area is Hayfield / Edale etc Starting from Glossop and looping back, yes it was rough but ive only ever rode Hardtail so cant compare to owt else lol.
My forks are RS Judy 130 mm / 100 psi / middle click rebound ( i have total of 6 clicks +/- for rebound so just stick it in the middle lol ) and try to use my legs and body for additional needed suspension

Not the most comfortable setup but its mine and its what im used to .

Aah, you’ll be reet on them forks, some of the Haibike’s come with Suntour XCM forks which are rough as badgers arses

Yeah we parked at Edale station when we did our Hope Valley / Mam Tor ride. The GoPro doesn’t show it but those trails are just continuous chunky rock gardens. Respect for your hardtail ride 👊🏼

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I've done something wrong on the editing and ended up with a border. Quality seems OK though.

Aah that’s my neighbourhood. First time I’ve seen the K2 climb bone dry, well done for getting up it!

You all rode straight past the start of one of the steepest & fastest ‘off piste’ trails in Yorkshire towards the end of your journey 😀

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Aah, you’ll be reet on them forks, some of the Haibike’s come with Suntour XCM forks which are rough as badgers arses

Yeah we parked at Edale station when we did our Hope Valley / Mam Tor ride. The GoPro doesn’t show it but those trails are just continuous chunky rock gardens. Respect for your hardtail ride
Thanks yeah a lot of my rides include some sketchy rocky routes and its nearly always the ruts / divets !! that nearly catch me out ( a couple of times they got me good ).

My Haibike did indeed come with the Suntour xcm and needed replacing lol. The Judy's were 2nd hand but in good enough condition for me despite finding out after that i had miscalculated the steerer tube length and having to run a literally - stack profile ( i had to modify my headset so dont even have a top cup lol ).

Im no experienced rider at all but i do sometimes feel i push my limits on the Hardtail !! but i love it and although the reminders are painful when it goes tits up.... its why we all ride..... to enjoy the ride regardless of what style that be.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Aah that’s my neighbourhood. First time I’ve seen the K2 climb bone dry, well done for getting up it!

You all rode straight past the start of one of the steepest & fastest ‘off piste’ trails in Yorkshire towards the end of your journey 😀
Any chance of you educating me where this route is please 🙏

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Any chance of you educating me where this route is please 🙏

Starts in the small lay-by car park opposite the gliding club on your right hand side as you rode up the hill. Look for ‘dark horse’ segment on strava. Takes you right down to the bottom by Kilburn village. It’s very very steep though!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Thanks yeah a lot of my rides include some sketchy rocky routes and its nearly always the ruts / divets !! that nearly catch me out ( a couple of times they got me good ).

My Haibike did indeed come with the Suntour xcm and needed replacing lol. The Judy's were 2nd hand but in good enough condition for me despite finding out after that i had miscalculated the steerer tube length and having to run a literally - stack profile ( i had to modify my headset so dont even have a top cup lol ).

Im no experienced rider at all but i do sometimes feel i push my limits on the Hardtail !! but i love it and although the reminders are painful when it goes tits up.... its why we all ride..... to enjoy the ride regardless of what style that be.

Yeah hardtails are great and you learn a lot more than you realise when riding them, especially in hard rocky terrain like on the Peaks. Full respect for taking yours on those trails. My other half was on my Cube Reaction hardtail for a year, that has Suntour XCM forks. She earned her stripes riding that 😀👊🏼

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I'm 5th with 9 seconds to knock off, must try harder!

Danny Hart was at Hood Hill / Kilburn a couple of weeks before Fort William and took a load of KOM's

I was just about to stalk his Strava to see which trails he took and whether it was emtb or leg powered and he either deleted it or made it private so didn't get a chance to see. It's very sporting of him! He hid his Dalby KOM's too when he took about 10 KOM's around March / April time

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I saw his name pop up on a few of the ebike segments at dalby, the jammy gits a second quicker than me on 'Moist crEam' :ROFLMAO:

Nice of him to give us a chance atleast haha

My only claim to mountain biking fame is that I’m faster than Danny Hart on Transmission at Hamsterley on Strava, but no doubt he was just at a Sunday stroll pace 😆

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Imagine your time if you chanced across Danny & he towed you in!

I actually had this last week. Unbeknownst to me, the lad with the KoM on the downhill bit below (first bit) came out for a ride with us lot. Never met him before but I chased him down the trail & later found out I went from a PR of 1:19 to 1:08 & he still has the record at 1:02, so was slumming it & I have a lot to learn!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Imagine your time if you chanced across Danny & he towed you in!

I actually had this last week. Unbeknownst to me, the lad with the KoM on the downhill bit below (first bit) came out for a ride with us lot. Never met him before but I chased him down the trail & later found out I went from a PR of 1:19 to 1:08 & he still has the record at 1:02, so was slumming it & I have a lot to learn!

I might be missing something here, but it looks fairly straight & flat. Can’t you just peddle like fook in your highest gear and bomb down that trail at 40+ mph ? 😆

Suppose there’s a high risks of pedestrians & dogs getting in your way ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Guy Kes is a North Yorkshire mtb legend and here he is reviewing the Kenevo SL at my local trails

@Bones these are the Sutton Bank / Kilburn off piste trails

(He’s only just put this video up but looks like it was filmed around March time judging by the mud and growth)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles