LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

timmers

I have a gopro 9 mounted on the handlebar of my Turbo Levo. There's a mountain close to where I live, named Mt Conkle, which I really enjoy riding. Lots of single track, and lots of options for climbing or descending for those who want to challenge themselves or those who have a more sedate riding style (that's me - I'm old). I usually do the climb to the top on "Full Frontal" and come down on "Conkle Bonk". Video I'm presenting here is done in the gopro "time lapse" mode, just because I like experimenting with my camera to see what the results are. In short, time lapse mode is not something I'll do again, on single track trails. Watching the video I realized I was starting to get dizzy. I don't know whether my eyes can't focus on anything long enough, and my brain can't process the images fast enough, but it may just be me. So you've been warned. However, cycling the trails in the South Okanagan this time of year can be magical, especially this year due to the inconsistent weather we've experienced in the past month when we've rec'd more rainfall and cooler temperatures than "normal" - much more vibrant colours and abundant growth.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Another Old School North Shore tech trail that has seen a lot of Love in the last few months. CBC has been rebuilt with lots of new ride arounds and modified features to accommodate the ever changing demographic of Mtb'r and newer bikes. Too bad the weather has been unseasonably cool and rainy around here as so much of their work has been affected with all the traffic on the new dirt.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I have a gopro 9 mounted on the handlebar of my Turbo Levo. There's a mountain close to where I live, named Mt Conkle, which I really enjoy riding. Lots of single track, and lots of options for climbing or descending for those who want to challenge themselves or those who have a more sedate riding style (that's me - I'm old). I usually do the climb to the top on "Full Frontal" and come down on "Conkle Bonk". Video I'm presenting here is done in the gopro "time lapse" mode, just because I like experimenting with my camera to see what the results are. In short, time lapse mode is not something I'll do again, on single track trails. Watching the video I realized I was starting to get dizzy. I don't know whether my eyes can't focus on anything long enough, and my brain can't process the images fast enough, but it may just be me. So you've been warned. However, cycling the trails in the South Okanagan this time of year can be magical, especially this year due to the inconsistent weather we've experienced in the past month when we've rec'd more rainfall and cooler temperatures than "normal" - much more vibrant colours and abundant growth.

Looks just like an Amaury Pierron race run! :D

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Im back After a few weeks of shitness ( injured shoulder then Covid ) i got my ass out the door and on the bike for a little ride ( 18 miler ) very warm but needed to go.

Gopro quick is literally unusable at the moment as it just fails at 80-90% process when trying to save to phone / export to youtube the only way around it is to save the edit in app and then screen record the edit

Dont think i will be renewing that sub in the future.
They're aware of the issues. Should be sorted soon.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Thanks man. Big jumps are so fun. But, at some point I need to find a safer hobby. I wonder at what age I’ll start being more safe. Early 40s sure don’t feel close. Except for how my body feels.
Maybe I should pick up the Olympic ‘sport’ curling.
haha, i was going to say that fear creeps in with age !! im 44 now and constantly thinking of the what ifs but in my younger years it was never a thought as i could do ANYTHING without consequences i look at some lines and jump possibilities on my rides and still think yeah thats easy !! until i get to that point and bottle it nowadays lol.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Loving the steel city line at Grenoside

So much to learn though. Gaps, doubles, shark fins, super large tables. So smooth & fast running, we’ll definitely be back again soon, can’t wait for DH3 to open

This is how it’s meant to be ridden 😆👊🏼

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Pffffft !! yeah theres always someone faster etc but EF that Your footage is bang on bud seeing a track i might do one day from an experienced but not pro rider perspective is way more valuable in my eyes and in all honesty its not like you were snail pacing yourselves, you did it justice i think.

Heh Slym. Thanks for the kind words. Just to let you know we went to Lady Cannings Plantation today on the outskirts of Sheffield and the ‘Blue Steel’ trail is definitely one I’d recommend for progression with speed, flow, pumping, small jumps etc. Easy to session too as the climb back to the top is only a short ride through the woods, easy on an emtb

There is another trail there too, ‘Cooking on Gas’ which is still fun, but more rocky with less flow

Don’t know how far you are from Sheffield and the Peaks but now you’re mobile with your bike rack I thought it’s worth mentioning these places to you 👊🏼

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Heh Slym. Thanks for the kind words. Just to let you know we went to Lady Cannings Plantation today on the outskirts of Sheffield and the ‘Blue Steel’ trail is definitely one I’d recommend for progression with speed, flow, pumping, small jumps etc. Easy to session too as the climb back to the top is only a short ride through the woods, easy on an emtb

There is another trail there too, ‘Cooking on Gas’ which is still fun, but more rocky with less flow

Don’t know how far you are from Sheffield and the Peaks but now you’re mobile with your bike rack I thought it’s worth mentioning these places to you
Sweet yeah not too far from Sheffield in the car so will note this for future. Thanks @Tubby G

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
So here’ a raw GoPro edit (GoPro Quik is working fine for me) of an easy XC ride we did in the Peaks after Grenoside on Friday. The views coming along the ridge after Mam Tor were amazing

Unfortunately I didn’t record the Ladybower loop we did on Saturday as I don’t always wear the camera, but that ride had far better descents and some amazing scenery too

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Hopefully getting some paragliding done in Turkey in September (if the flights aren’t cancelled!) I’ll take the GoPro :)
That'll be Olu Deniz? Beautiful spot. The mountain there is so high & close to the sea that it's used heavily for SIV (instability recovery) training, so you'll see people stalling, spinning & generally falling out of the sky. Don't be put off, they're paying for the pleasure!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
That'll be Olu Deniz? Beautiful spot. The mountain there is so high & close to the sea that it's used heavily for SIV (instability recovery) training, so you'll see people stalling, spinning & generally falling out of the sky. Don't be put off, they're paying for the pleasure!

Yes Oludeniz. Went there a couple of years ago with my boys but couldn’t paraglide then as my youngest was too young and it would have been unfair to leave him by himself for a few hours! The skies were full of paragliders spinning, looping and cruising around constantly :cool:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles