LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Ps71

Sep 30, 2021
Norway
They look pretty good trails there in Norway. Those rocks and boardwalks remind me of a Bon Jovi album title - "Slippery When Wet"!!
Lots of nice trails there, about 100-120km i heard. Bon jovi would be rigth on that one :)
Wow, what beautiful country & Super interesting trails. Not many videos can capture my interest for a whole 30 mins. Well Done:love:
Thanks, nice to hear:)
Love the "rockiness" of that trail and it reminds me a lot of Torridon in the N.W.Highlands of Scotland ..what always gets me are wooden structures there's just something about them that makes me fall off ...😂
Are you members of the Norwegian tourist board ..that flag also reminded me of the patriotic nature of the Scots ..
Great video really enjoyed it and much like Muzza.. I watch very few.
Thanks, wooden structures are the worst:ROFLMAO: Did the ride on our constitution day so celebrated with a flag on the trails, not a member of the touristboard.
The highland in scotland looks realy nice for long days on the bike. Someday maybye.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
My wife and I were out enjoying the local mountains this morning and I found myself reflecting on why I bought an emtb in the first place, to spend more quality time together, doing the things we love. The first clip is a section of one of our local dedicated climbing trails. I personally hate it and would prefer to shuttle but this trail is well made and not too bad on an emtb. She is on a Levo SL and rides in Eco and I am on a Kenevo SL and have to ride in Trail/Turbo to keep up.

Good Sir Martin: Dedicated Climbing Trail

Asian Adonis: Blue Flow Trail

John Deer: Blue Flow Trail

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I think I'm getting there on the settings and position now.

Off for half term so grabbed a quick spin up the local as I'm bored already.

Hi VWSurfbum. Angle of dangle of GoPro looks much better now. Chin mount works best in my opinion or chesty for days without the full face. Just capturing a small amount of bars is much better than some of these angles you get with full bars, arms, knees, top tube etc - again all my opinion

I played around with settings for ages, and seem to have finally settled on what works for me, as follows:

4K 30 fps
Superview
Hypersmooth ON
Bit rate: High
Shutter: Auto
EV Comp: -1.0
White Balance: 5500K
ISO Min: 100
ISO Max: 3200
Sharpness: Medium
Colour: Flat
Raw Audio: High
Wind: OFF

These are for a GoPro 8 though, not the 10, so you may have additional / slightly different settings

I recognise that trail from YT vids, sure Tom Cardy goes there regularly. The owners of that nice big house at the start of the trail must be very tolerant of mountain bikers!

Looking forward to your Wales trip vids :)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
She is on a Levo SL and rides in Eco and I am on a Kenevo SL and have to ride in Trail/Turbo to keep up.

It’s the other way round for my partner and me. We’re both on the Orbea Rise. As I’m much heavier than her she knows she can Boost everywhere and still have more battery remaining than when I struggle up hills in Eco or at a push Trail mode. She gets to the top of the hill all relaxed and calm, I arrive after her a big sweaty panting mess :)

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I think I'm getting there on the settings and position now.

Off for half term so grabbed a quick spin up the local as I'm bored already.

Not sure if your video has finished processing as max quality i could watch was in 1080p, watching in that they all looked good and not much difference except for the obvious suicidal squirrel in slow mo lol

Bang on queue and cant make my mind up whether you got it or just missed it

entertaining non the less

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
My wife and I were out enjoying the local mountains this morning and I found myself reflecting on why I bought an emtb in the first place, to spend more quality time together, doing the things we love. The first clip is a section of one of our local dedicated climbing trails. I personally hate it and would prefer to shuttle but this trail is well made and not too bad on an emtb. She is on a Levo SL and rides in Eco and I am on a Kenevo SL and have to ride in Trail/Turbo to keep up.

Good Sir Martin: Dedicated Climbing Trail

Asian Adonis: Blue Flow Trail

John Deer: Blue Flow Trail

Your videos are great. Not a fan of C-Buster do I haven't ridden Asian Adonis in a very long time. Looks like a great ride, still not sure I want to do C-Buster to get to it. I usually ride up Old Buck and take the Powerline to the top of Severed.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Your videos are great. Not a fan of C-Buster do I haven't ridden Asian Adonis in a very long time. Looks like a great ride, still not sure I want to do C-Buster to get to it. I usually ride up Old Buck and take the Powerline to the top of Severed.
Thanks. I make videos for when we end up in the Old Age Home so I will have something to prove we used to do stuff like that, back when we were younger! C-Buster is an acquired taste with its full on gnar and natural fall lines ⚠ I seem to prefer more tech type trails than trails like Boogie Nights. The ride into Asian Adonis on C-Buster is similar to the ride into John Deer... just a little slower and lumpier. I also prefer riding up Old Buck as I tend to stick with Pangor and Boogieman on Seymour. See you on the trails!

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Hi VWSurfbum. Angle of dangle of GoPro looks much better now. Chin mount works best in my opinion or chesty for days without the full face. Just capturing a small amount of bars is much better than some of these angles you get with full bars, arms, knees, top tube etc - again all my opinion

I played around with settings for ages, and seem to have finally settled on what works for me, as follows:

4K 30 fps
Superview
Hypersmooth ON
Bit rate: High
Shutter: Auto
EV Comp: -1.0
White Balance: 5500K
ISO Min: 100
ISO Max: 3200
Sharpness: Medium
Colour: Flat
Raw Audio: High
Wind: OFF

These are for a GoPro 8 though, not the 10, so you may have additional / slightly different settings

I recognise that trail from YT vids, sure Tom Cardy goes there regularly. The owners of that nice big house at the start of the trail must be very tolerant of mountain bikers!

Looking forward to your Wales trip vids :)
Yeah Tom and Kara even the idiot man child Sam Pilgrim are regulars. Good spot and it's one of the reasons I moved here.

Thanks for the tips and I'm almost the same settings now as you.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Not sure if your video has finished processing as max quality i could watch was in 1080p, watching in that they all looked good and not much difference except for the obvious suicidal squirrel in slow mo lol

Bang on queue and cant make my mind up whether you got it or just missed it

entertaining non the less
Yeah I just checked, still processing, only 2k still at the moment. Taking longer and longer for the processing?

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
why don’t you like Sam Pilgrim ?
Because he starts digging in places he shouldn't, (nature reserve) pisses off the locals then buggers off back to Colchester, leaves us locals trying to repair the damage he causes all in the name of his YouTube channel.
The amount of hate I got because I'd ridden Colchester bike park on one of my old videos was crazy, just because Sam and the main guy of Colchester bike park fell out and Sam had to take his ramps down. What wasn't documented was Sam going over to the bike park and building what he wanted on someone else's land.

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
If you mean the chapter links on YouTube, you just add the timestamps and titles to the description e.g.

0:00 Quantock Hills Jubilee Descents
1:14 Seven Wells
2:54 Always F-ing wet roots
5:17 Joe's path

and youtube will link them up automatically, and put the markers in etc.

If you mean the text in the video, I used an open source video editor OpenShot which lets you add titles fade-in and outs.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
If you mean the chapter links on YouTube, you just add the timestamps and titles to the description e.g.

If you mean the text in the video, I used an open source video editor OpenShot which lets you add titles fade-in and outs.
Nice, Didnt know that about chapters

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Slowly easing my body back into rides, had a nice ride out up in the hills today. Extremely windy in places but a good little route.

I’m guessing you used the GoPro Quik app to make that edit ? The software seems to have had some decent updates so now it’s dead easy, the app does 95% of the work for you. Both of my recent vids were done the same, all done on the phone within minutes. Easy 😀

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I’m guessing you used the GoPro Quik app to make that edit ? The software seems to have had some decent updates so now it’s dead easy, the app does 95% of the work for you. Both of my recent vids were done the same, all done on the phone within minutes. Easy
yeah go pro quick solo for that video. I do sometimes mix between quick and an android app called youcut video editor to add extra transitions, music or effects etc.

Few bugs in Quick at the moment where its failing to export/ share etc but the devs are aware of it i think.

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England

Interesting thanks for that, I'll give that a try.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles