LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Looks as if the bit rate is not set to max.

Thanks fo that , I have re done it and used max bit rate, it still looks terrible :confused: It was recorded at 2.7k and 30fps, iMovie won't let me save at more than 1080, any tips welcome please? It looks fine until I download to YouTube.

Thanks fo that , I have re done it and used max bit rate, it still looks terrible :confused: It was recorded at 2.7k and 30fps, iMovie won't let me save at more than 1080, any tips welcome please? It looks fine until I download to YouTube.
Yes, Youtube does a lot of compression and destroys everything.

I film everything in 1080p, but render it to 4k before I upload it to Youtube. Makes things better, less compression.

I also set the sharpness to low and picture profile to flat, but that means you need to do stuff in post.

I don't know anything about iMovie, I use Davinci Resolve. It is free, but it is a rather steep learning curve and a bit of an overkill if you are not that interested in the editing bit.

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
Sunset riding in the Spanish Pyrenees. It’s been shot in Hecho-Aragon-Spain “Los Valles on bike” (www.bttlosvallesonbike.com)

Los valles on bike
IMG_5006.jpg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Got longer than normal to waste?
Want to watch a YouTube video on your phone instead of the TV?
Great solo ride, thrills and spills, fast and slow and plenty of rambling.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Youtube is taking longer and longer to process video's. it should eventually be 1080, I would normally do it at 4k but its too big a file otherwise.
pretty sure i see you coming out of WB car park heading into peaslake as i was nursing my bike back on an empty battery! lol..

Couldn't miss the yellow SC and top lol

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
pretty sure i see you coming out of WB car park heading into peaslake as i was nursing my bike back on an empty battery! lol..

Couldn't miss the yellow SC and top lol
Oh no the walk of shame!
I'll arrange another group ride soon I think, last one worked well. Only thing is now is the puddles are going to start getting bigger lol

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Had to cut the ride short as I effed my back up lifting my tank over the multitude of Stiles I encountered. Almost got decent angles and reckon I will suss it out next test lol. Need to convince my OCD that pointing more upwards is okay.

View attachment 75180
yep i khow what you mean, looks wrong to look down on the camera like that. Do you not get a preview on a phone app with the camera?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Oh no the walk of shame!
I'll arrange another group ride soon I think, last one worked well. Only thing is now is the puddles are going to start getting bigger lol

Well not quite…. But not far off it 🙈

3% remaining but might as well been turned off 😆

C520C354-1395-4381-82E0-740043F23101.png

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
yep i khow what you mean, looks wrong to look down on the camera like that. Do you not get a preview on a phone app with the camera?
Haha nope, it's only a £25 action camera. I reckon I will suss it the best I can next ride. I know my rides are shite lol but I like recording them to look back on more for myself so I do apologise to anyone who bothers to watch that they are not great.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Haha nope, it's only a £25 action camera. I reckon I will suss it the best I can next ride. I know my rides are shite lol but I like recording them to look back on more for myself so I do apologise to anyone who bothers to watch that they are not great.
I'm the same, it's done for me primarily. the wife thinks I'm weird, I just think it's another part of our hobby.

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
I'm the same, it's done for me primarily. the wife thinks I'm weird, I just think it's another part of our hobby.
Yea, me too. My missus thinks I love myself but to be truthful, when I look back at the footage I see a'lot of the actual track & it's surroundings. As when riding I pretty much only see that small area a few meters ahead of the front wheel. Often on techy trails I have not even seen other riders off to the side which appear (to my surprise) in the video. Always record first time trails ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles