LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sadly .. it's just another horses ass shot (literally) ... It's all I've got :)

As you can see it was also shot using a Go-Amateur (my phone - if you told someone you'd filmed something with your phone 30 years ago you'd be off to the asylum) .. using the "Handy Mount" - this is where you hold you phone in one hand whilst trying to ride. All on board footage should be shot like this as it's far more exciting for the rider. The "steady cam" option seems to have also failed due to the camera operator panting lots, dodging branches and generally struggling to keep up with a cantering horse due to the horse not being told about the 25kph assistance limit.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Here is my selection of YouTube videos.
I am using a gopro 8 mainly chest mounted.
Really struggled with unwanted sound as the mic is super sensitive and was using a waterproof case that made it worse.
Latest setup is a lanksy alloy frame and a windsock foam stretched over it.
First videos are edited with a basic programme found hidden in windows 10. Then progest to davinchi resolve so I could edit the sound better. It's a massive learning curve for me though and because of lockdown I will have forgotten how to use it.
Hope these work.

Sutton bank Paradise mountainbike red trail
Pockstones to Burnsal Mountainbike ride.
Harrogate to Knarsborough 18mile mountainbike ride.
Stainburn forest to Denton moor

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Added music and experimented with @Rob Hancill 's Patented Image Stabilisation System (PISS) - so you don't feel sick watching it ... there's a lot to be said about - *edit - (PISS)!
Gosh horses are so intelligent these days. How’d you train your horse to gallop in sync to the beat of the song you added??

Hey, I just thought of an idea for you Zim! If you wear your Covid n95 mask, you can use it like a pocket to stick your phone into with the camera poking out on top. You’d think it’ll block your sight completely but amazingly two peripheral visions seems to add up to one passable view resembling a hangover. AND being mounted on your head, that’s like an added auto stabilisation for your phone camera! :)

Sign on the dotted line below for my disclaimer for anything that may or may not happen to you.

....... day ..................month .............year

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Gosh horses are so intelligent these days. How’d you train your horse to gallop in sync to the beat of the song you added??

Apple B-eer pods. They auto adjust to fit in the horses ears and when you've finished you pop them back in your own ears and they tell you when you should next drink an i-beer. It's like normal beer but made from apples and costs a lot more. According to Apple, its nothing like cider.

If you wear your Covid n95 mask, you can use it like a pocket to stick your phone into with the camera poking out on top. You’d think it’ll block your sight completely but amazingly two peripheral visions seems to add up to one passable view resembling a hangover. AND being mounted on your head, that’s like an added auto stabilisation for your phone camera! :)

We were just having the same conversation about my crap impromptu camera work, despite my explaining how difficult it is to take you phone out of your pocket when you're already flat out and at risk of being trampled by the horse behind you.....

Do you think if we did the camera thing in front of your eyes, we could add augmented reality ? Showing the best line to take ? instantly updated by some teenager on a ps5/xbox? guiding you along in real time ? Can't get any worse ........ can it ?? .....

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Do you think if we did the camera thing in front of your eyes, we could add augmented reality ? Showing the best line to take ? instantly updated by some teenager on a ps5/xbox? guiding you along in real time ? Can't get any worse ........ can it ?? .....
Well, I was hoping you’d keep it quiet - but you just had to blurt it out loud, didn’t you. Don’t you know eBike manufacturers frequently read this forum?

So now great... Spesh will probably add a Heads Up Display and drive up the price of eBikes even more!

Can’t get any worse? An HUD, GPS, ECG, 4K, 5G, PEDO-CYCLO COMP, device to drain our batteries even more?! Although if they added night vision and thermal imaging, that might come in handy for dark UK winter days...
Ooooh, night riding WITHOUT lights! I want one!!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well, I was hoping you’d keep it quiet - but you just had to blurt it out loud, didn’t you. Don’t you know eBike manufacturers frequently read this forum?

So now great... Spesh will probably add a Heads Up Display and drive up the price of eBikes even more!

Can’t get any worse? An HUD, GPS, ECG, 4K, 5G, PEDO-CYCLO COMP, device to drain our batteries even more?! Although if they added night vision and thermal imaging, that might come in handy for dark UK winter days...
Ooooh, night riding WITHOUT lights! I want one!!

In a moment of madness the other day, I was wondering if they'd add lidar ? I think it's on some ipads ? (not sure why they make such expensive single use ladies sanitary wear) and some or next iphones for 3d area mapping. Will it be on some bike controllers ? Will it display "TREE" 0.1 seconds before you ride into one ? Can Mate resist with the next GREYP ?

You don't already ride with thermal imaging ? I thought you were tech savy ? You have a floating e-bike for gods sake ! you must have thermal imaging ? :)

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
In a moment of madness the other day, I was wondering...
Just one moment? I’m sure madness lasts a little longer than that...

I’m pretty sure this wasn’t the first video you made - where you ‘single handedly’ followed a horse (exceeding the speed assist limit on an eBike no less) whist holding a camera - inebriated with no clothes on, I can only assume. I seem to recall these escapades lasting more than just one mere moment.

If only someone with a GoPro could take a video of you doing one of your equine video shooting sprees. Or even just a still photo would be great research material for a pseudo Salvador Dali painting...

As artistic license permits, I would expect to see your hair painted in such a way that it flows in the wind in the exact same way the horses maine does.

You see... when one enters this door, although it only feels like a moment, in reality it lasts several horrid minutes for those looking aghast at it from the outside... :)

WildGuy

Mar 12, 2020
Cyprus
Here my first wheelie and manual attempt on my first ebike(Yt Decoy)
I was surprised by how easy it was to lift the front while doing a manual.

That seemed pretty effortless. Here's a contrast. Gotta start somewhere although this may be the last to be captured on film because, as can be heard, I almost mowed the wife down during this one! My non-ebike is not with me here so don't know yet, but hoping this at least means I can now wheelie a normal bike as well - and, should it turn out to be lots easier, perhaps then I too can go for the "one kilometer wheelie attempt" (most likely in my dreams).

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
Here is my selection of YouTube videos.
I am using a gopro 8 mainly chest mounted.
Really struggled with unwanted sound as the mic is super sensitive and was using a waterproof case that made it worse.
Latest setup is a lanksy alloy frame and a windsock foam stretched over it.
First videos are edited with a basic programme found hidden in windows 10. Then progest to davinchi resolve so I could edit the sound better. It's a massive learning curve for me though and because of lockdown I will have forgotten how to use it.
Hope these work.

Sutton bank Paradise mountainbike red trail
Pockstones to Burnsal Mountainbike ride.
Harrogate to Knarsborough 18mile mountainbike ride.
Stainburn forest to Denton moor
Just watched your Grassington ride - brought back memories of so many similar rides over the years around the Dales in winter. Great video. Should be compulsory viewing for Ebike manufacturers so that they can design motors for real world conditions.

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Feeling' the Flow... It took me three tries and a bunch of wrong turns but I'm finally getting familiar with the South Park trail system. I'm still not hitting a lot of the features there yet, but the trails are tons of fun! Check'em out!

Apologies for the wind noise, forgot my windslayer at home.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is there any artistic interpretation for why it goes dark from 9:41 until the end at 15 minutes ?

I tried, but I was struggling to stay engaged for that last 5 minutes ...

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Haha... I just noticed that after I posted the link. No clue how I managed that, probably left a point marker way out at the end while editing. I did trim it but YouTube is taking its time processing the changes.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Just watched your Grassington ride - brought back memories of so many similar rides over the years around the Dales in winter. Great video. Should be compulsory viewing for Ebike manufacturers so that they can design motors for real world conditions.
Thanks Roger

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles